EV-DO 2.4 mbps BSNL wireless modem- amazing speed upto 2Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter John7777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 162,234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,i did a speed test and the results are shown in my signature. As for the site you mentioned, didn't find a server in india.

Got torrent speeds upto 150kBps in the morning... on an average I'd say it hits 60 - 70kBps consistently.

That means lag with EVDO is always high. Online gamers should look for something else. :whistle: :ashamed:

@vsugadhan

can u do an analysis from this site and paste the data here.. also do tell whether u have tweakes ur connection with any softwares.. and do tell whats the torrent client that u use and the exact version... this might help a lot of persons..

SpeedGuide.net :: Broadband · Cable · DSL · VoIP · Security · Network Tools

« SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results » Tested on: 02.08.2008 21:27 IP address: 218.248.xx.xx TCP options string: 020405640103030101010402 MSS: 1380 MTU: 1420 TCP Window: 129720 (multiple of MSS) RWIN Scaling: 1 Unscaled RWIN : 64860 Reccomended RWINs: 63480, 126960, 253920, 507840 BDP limit (200ms): 5189kbps (649KBytes/s)BDP limit (500ms): 2076kbps (259KBytes/s) MTU Discovery: ON TTL: 46 Timestamps: OFF SACKs: ON IP ToS: 00000000 (0) Well i use ABC 3.1, the latest on the site. Utorrent gave a fault few days ago. I get speeds of 100+ kBps in the mornig only. During the day its closer to 40-50 kBps. And no tweaks.

We can use pc/laptop as a proxy. For example if it's a laptop that is connecting via the EVDO card, we can enable Adhoc Wireless mode and get other laptops to talk to this PC in the peer-peer mode and share it's EVDO Internet connection. It can be done using other ways too.

Hi, this is sandesh from nagpur..has anyone got EVDO in nagpur and if yes how is the speed......plz mention the area..thanx.

Guys,

I just switched to the wireless broadband bandwagon and I just thought to share my happy experience. In Cochin, BSNL has launched EV-DO services. I have been using this for the past one week at it just amazing performance. I recently did a testing with speedtest.net. it recorded 1032kbps download and 224kbps upload. The modem comes in two form factors, USB and PCMCIA. The only available plan is Rs.550 per month for unlimited internet access. You could rent the modem at Rs.200 per month or buy it outright at Rs.6500 one time payment. The other cool thing is that I'm now connected where ever I go with my laptop. I use a PCMCIA slot mode and you get EV-DO coverage at all major towns of Kerala. On the highways the card switch to CDMA and give speeds up to 144kbps. But the key thing I like is where ever you go you are connected and at the major towns with EV-DO the speed is amazing.

direct link for the results --- https://www.speedtest.net/result/226268924.png

When BSNL launch its services PAN INDIA ..plz confirm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back