• Thread starter Thread starter John7777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 162,234
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVDO Rev.0 supports only 2.4 Mbps
EVDO Rev.A supports upto 3.1 Mbps

For further evdo developments and state of evdo abroad, EVDO info, EV-DO Coverage, Tips, News, Reviews, Verizon, Sprint : EVDOinfo.com

Just To add EVDO Rev. B can support uptp 73 Mbps
UMB or Ultra-mobile broad band based on OFDMA can support upto 280 Mbps

but the que is how can we afford the client side equipments :Stoo costly if u ought to buy that!also,is it wise to dump dataone connxn H500 for EV-DO(it is available in my town!)?

friends, i m new to this forum. i ve been using bsnl evdo for one month.. this is my experience..the evdo comes with a cd for installing the device. the bsnl guys provide an additional software manufactured by HP named sp33826a..the bsnal evdo blocks torrent traffic. we cant do port forwarding in this device as of now. the device limits torrent traffic.. i get a max of 23KBps.. the signal strength that i get is 3 bars out of 4.. when i browse i need to refresh some pages in order to view them.. some sites wont get opened in one go.. so that creates a prob for browsing too.. broadband is much better in this aspect bcoz its speed is not momentary like evdo.. when i use limewire i get speeds around 150 KB s... and when i test the speeds i get around 650kbps.. unlike what tht author of this thread has opined.. maybe he is more lucky..we cant tweak the tcp ip settings as the setting doesnt have any effectin on the evdo modem... so new methods to tweak the device needs to be found out..can anyone help me if u experience somethin more that what i experience??and in cochin we have 4 towers as of now.. panampilly nagar, boat jetty, north and palarivattom.. the bsnl is giving only 1000 connections as of now..if they increase this no they will increase the no of towers too..

friends, i m new to this forum. i ve been using bsnl evdo for one month.. this is my experience..

the evdo comes with a cd for installing the device. the bsnl guys provide an additional software manufactured by HP named sp33826a..

the bsnal evdo blocks torrent traffic. we cant do port forwarding in this device as of now. the device limits torrent traffic.. i get a max of 23KBps.. the signal strength that i get is 3 bars out of 4..

when i browse i need to refresh some pages in order to view them.. some sites wont get opened in one go.. so that creates a prob for browsing too.. broadband is much better in this aspect bcoz its speed is not momentary like evdo..

when i use limewire i get speeds around 150 KB s... and when i test the speeds i get around 650kbps.. unlike what tht author of this thread has opined.. maybe he is more lucky..

we cant tweak the tcp ip settings as the setting doesnt have any effectin on the evdo modem... so new methods to tweak the device needs to be found out..

can anyone help me if u experience somethin more that what i experience??

and in cochin we have 4 towers as of now.. panampilly nagar, boat jetty, north and palarivattom.. the bsnl is giving only 1000 connections as of now..if they increase this no they will increase the no of towers too..

The TCPIP window size ( in registry) has to be 64k to get the best EVDO experience. ( check Microsoft support to check how to change the tcp window size)

Your 23KBps number translates to 23*8 = 184 kbps and your 150 KBps limewire speed = 1200kbps or 1.2Mbps which is pretty cool.

The other thing is there is lot of server side dependency when you use a torrent like application

but the que is how can we afford the client side equipments :S
too costly if u ought to buy that!
also,is it wise to dump dataone connxn H500 for EV-DO(it is available in my town!)?

Device price comes down with volume aggregation. I bought my plain vanilla voice and sms (no data) phone 6 years back for 10000 bucks. Today I get an EVDO rev A PDA ( Voice , SMS, Video call, video streaming, word, excel, IM, Skype or wotever for that matter for that price. Prices will automatically come down as volumes pick up.

Thanks john777!

That was really helpful, any idea if bsnl is going to revise the evdo charges since 550 for 2 mbps is way too less compared to others..!

I have taken the connection for 250 + 200(rent)= 450 a month.

@charly555: bro, could you please elaborate more on additional software "HP sp33826a" ? :redface:

@John7777: John bro, if you could then please post the torrent speed you get when you download any torrent ? thx bro :rolleyes:

@RedBull: bro, is your connection 14kBps one ? Bcoz 14kBps - 250 Rent (1X CDMA)
2.4Mbps - 550 Rent :ashamed: (EVDO)

MV: If BSNL is gonna really restrict the torrent speed then I won't take EVDO. :whistle:

And guys one question, does BSNL Dataone, TATA Indicom, restrict torrent speed with their broadband connection ?

Heylo there, Got my EVDO connection yesterday. Now have to terminate my Tata Broadband. Im getting good speeds on torrents...upto 110-120 kBps. ie around 1.3Mbps, but not in every part of my home... Have to take some trouble position the USB modem. The software that comes along showed a max 1475kbps. Getting good speeds.... Any1 getting better speeds/?? :P

@ arnold... i dont have much knowledge about the software.. the software when installed reach a platform where we can install three more softwares.. but these dont get installed bcoz those softwares are for another type of routers..

@vsugadhan..can u go to SpeedGuide.net :: Broadband · Cable · DSL · VoIP · Security · Network Tools and do a speed analysis and paste the results here.. maybe it can help the torrent probs we are facing..

Hey,i did a speed test and the results are shown in my signature. As for the site you mentioned, didn't find a server in india. Got torrent speeds upto 150kBps in the morning... on an average I'd say it hits 60 - 70kBps consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back