Exclusive : Hathway HD Channels Pic !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 62,857
gopichandpai : i just got hathway hd yesterday, disappointed that the SD channels have a black bar on either side and doesnt fit to screen like it used to on the SD Set top box.Am i missing some configuration? i cant find my way to the settings menu, i dont have the same unit as you have. Will post pictures in a while. I'm happy with the HD channels, sort of, i can notice some lag, but its ok. main disappointment is the SD not upscaling to 16:9,

Click on Menu -->Press red button. You will see many settings. If it asks for password anytime, enter 0000 (4 zeros). I will give you the exact steps later in the evening.

like gopi ji said the further steps would bepress menu button than the red button to enter the setting mode -----select system setup option----enter 0000 as the pin code-----select installation setup-----select TV setup-----go to the option ON receiving 4:3 input video and scroll and select FIT TO SCREEN and press the BLUE BUTTON to save the changes hope this helps

Click on Menu -->Press red button. You will see many settings. If it asks for password anytime, enter 0000 (4 zeros). I will give you the exact steps later in the evening.

Thanks for that, as soon as i posted i tried it and it worked, then saw your post, but thanks anyway. i didnt notice the red button on the screen yesterday.

CNBC TV 18 HD, one of the 8 HD channels which hathway is providing in Bangalore, is a waste channel at least for me. So it is like I see only 7 HD channels. Paying so much for just limited HD channels is not a good idea I guess. Plus no one knows when they will be adding more HD channels. May be I should have waited for hathway to add few more HD channels. May be I am just over reacting.

i think monthly cost comes to more than 500 Rs and we cant select channels we dont want
i asked them they told u cant select which channels u dont want and have to pay for all channels

do anyone knows on Sony bravia 40-Inch LCD there is option for digital channels and analoge channels
now analoge channels will not come after fews days so if i install hd setup box will channels come on digital menu that is in bravia tv

I guess he just disappeared. I never got any replies to emails which I sent to hathway email id [email protected] too.

i have also asked so many questions but i also not get any emails from them

i even phoned customer care they even dont know whether it has usb port and
rj 45 port

can anyone tell me how many channels we can block our self for safe viewing as i dont think hathway put ratings for different programs like adult rating.

Its not the cable operator. Dealing directly with Hathway. Its the Hathway help desk that I am emailing. Anyways I did get the Hathway HD box. I do get almost all channels. There are about 10 channels missing. Most notable exceptions are 10 action plus, discovery science, discovery turbo and zee mgm. So I'll have an additional billing of Rs.60 a month now in addition to the Rs.6666 I have paid.
[/B]

Well the Hathway HD box has been reviewed in depth here. So just a couple of observations from me as I move from Airtel HD to Hathway HD.

3) Maybe this is just me, but I find that the PQ of SD channels on Airtel was way better. Somehow I find that the sharpness in SD channels is not upto the mark on the Hathway box. Overall just for PQ I think Airtel has the best box out there, for SD and HD.

yes in sd hathway picture quality for me is not good at all.
and on colors channels and many channels when dance program comes it looks like vcd is playing , may be there are compressing channels too much on sd setup box .
and i saw on Sony channels also program stuck for 5 secs in between and then i switch channel to analoge and found there was no problem
i hope they will improve it .

do anyone knows on Sony bravia 40-Inch LCD there is option for digital channels and analoge channels
now analoge channels will not come after fews days so if i install hd setup box will channels come on digital menu that is in bravia tv
You will not be able to use next channel button on your TV remote to move to next channel. You need to use the remote of the STB to do that.

[qutoe]can anyone tell me how many channels we can block our self for safe viewing as i dont think hathway put ratings for different programs like adult rating.[/qutoe] You can block as many as you want. These blocks are not time based blocks. I mean, you can't block from say 11PM-11:30PM. Once a channel is blocked, it will be blocked till you unblock it.

You will not be able to use next channel button on your TV remote to move to next channel. You need to use the remote of the STB to do that.

[qutoe]can anyone tell me how many channels we can block our self for safe viewing as i dont think hathway put ratings for different programs like adult rating.[/qutoe] You can block as many as you want. These blocks are not time based blocks. I mean, you can't block from say 11PM-11:30PM. Once a channel is blocked, it will be blocked till you unblock it.

thanks for the reply but on humax 1200C we can block 10 maximum channels
also hathway told we need to pay for all channels that is more than 7000 Rs (tax included) for HD setup box .
after 1 year dont know how much they will charge. suppose i want only 1 or 2 hd channels and 50 sd channels so we cant choose that

but Sony bravia has menu for 999 channels cant we setup on that as hdmi is digital signal

I have opted for HD box from SD box and experiencing the still images randomly for SD channels and HD channels to an extent. Is anyone facing same problem? My provider is not able to solve this issue. He had made several visit to my place and that didn't help. PLease advice.

Back