Forwarding spam sms to 1909 counts as a complaint now?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,336
There will be some provision to forward spam sms along along with Senders Name or Number . Without that it would be a useless tool.

I do not think so.
Delhi police ask to forward obsence nsg to a particular number to take action. I think there is a mechanism to track the msg back

For me, Vodafone customer care have become spammers. I get atleast 4 - 5 spam smses a week, which I report using 'India against Spam' app on my Android phone. For each report, their customer care call me up informing that warning has been issued or whatever the status is. So, on an average I get atleast one call every two days from Vodafone :crazy1:

I represent PhoneWarrior.mobi , we have received this draft as well. Although this is a step in the right direction, there are ways to circumvent these regulations as well. Its only a matter of time till spammers figure out how. The regulation relies on ensuring all telemarketers are registered and disconnecting non registered telemarketers who are reported to 1909. What it misses is that technology exists to spoof SMS, i.e. the SMS would show Sender as someone else's phone #. In fact, one could play a prank and get a subscriber disconnected by spoofing telemarketing messages. We would be sharing the same info with TRAI.

For me, Vodafone customer care have become spammers. I get atleast 4 - 5 spam smses a week, which I report using 'India against Spam' app on my Android phone. For each report, their customer care call me up informing that warning has been issued or whatever the status is. So, on an average I get atleast one call every two days from Vodafone :crazy1:

You are not the only one.

Back