Goods & Services Tax (GST) Updates

Today Alfa store (a very popular store in Mumbai) denied me to print my GST number on bill. (bill had GST tax)

Which means I will not get GST credit.

Reason: They always have long queue and hence they dont have time to type GST number and verify if its typed correctly or not.

How to stop such thing? Whats the point of GST if slowly slowly all big stores stop accepting GST number.

a local shopkeeper was telling me that while inserting an entry he entered october instead of september (could be september instead of august). no option to fix this mistake. this was causing him a lot of issue. i do not understand how gst credits work but he was pretty angry about how gst was making his life hell because of a simple mistake. he also spoke about something like clearing older stock first before credit is issued or something. for someone like me, all of these potential issues are enough to tell me that it is better to not get involved in something that would get me entangled into this fiasco. sure they would 'fix' issues with time. but as of now... it seems like a big price that people are paying for a tax that has been labeled simple and good by his royal highness.

I am amazed to see that even after so many issues with GST .. and so many people complaining with issues.

askGSTech on twitter has enjoyed 3 days holidays (last reply to tweet was Sep 29)

Shouldnt support be 24x7 ... for biggest project / tax migration of the country?

Their helpdesk does nothing but gives ticket number.... there is no resolution given.

How can government sleep for 3 days when people are facing problems?

GST hiccups: Not just technical snags, slow refunds and lack of clarity in law are major problems

Exporters, for instance, have been hit hard with Rs 65,000 crores in working capital locked up with the government in the form of pending refunds, which they are not expected to receive before December. This, despite the government’s claims of GST collections averaging Rs 90,000 crores a month for July and August.
According to industry estimates, over Rs 1.8 lakh crores belonging to exporters will be stuck with the government because of the Goods and Services Tax every year.

So I got email from Sales tax officer stating the following.

As per data received from GSTN, your return position under GST from July-2017 is as follows:

MONTH RETURN TYPE STATUS

July-2017
GSTR-1 FILED

GSTR-3B FILED

August 2017
GSTR-1 NOT_FILED

GSTR-3B FILED

Sept-2017
GSTR-1 NOT_FILED

GSTR-3B NOT_FILED

You are requested to file the above referred pending return immediately.

What non-sense? Why should I file August GSTR-1 when due date is NOT EVEN Announced.

Otherwise I have filed all returns on time... why send unnecessary email with word IMMEDIATELY?

Already pressure tactics started by FREE SALES TAX OFFICERS who do not even bother to check correctly.

Back