Google Allo

in miui, open multitasking and pull the app downwards. this'll ensure the app never gets cleared and get all the notifications. I have whatsapp and telegram setup this way to get instant notifications.

WhatsApp works fine to me. Gets notification and all. The trouble is only with Duo.

duo is not even an app that is going to be used ever on mom's phone. i mean she does not even pick up the phone 50% of the times because she leaves it somewhere and totally forgets about it till she needs it to make a call or something :D uninstalling from there too.

I am keeping it for now. Let's see how many would join. The list is growing every day.

i wonder if they would make it invite only for the first few days to stay in news because otherwise it would disappear from the news by day after tomorrow.

No direct SMS integration for now.

From reddit:

SMS IS (sorta) confirmed. SMS is handled via Google themselves (iPhone users will get a text from Google saying it's a message for you, while Android users will get a Google Play Services notification). This MAY indicate better implementation at a later date when RCS is fully prepared.

Back