Google killing free legacy Google Apps accounts on May 1, 2022

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,814
Hopefully, they will send one more mail about a discounted product because that's what their FAQ is hinting at. They will have to come up with a low-cost alternative.

They also mentioned this in the help
What if I use G Suite legacy free edition for personal use and don't want to upgrade to a Google Workspace subscription?

Upgrading to a Google Workspace subscription is a seamless transition for all customers currently on the G Suite legacy free edition. However, we understand some customers may not use their G Suite legacy free edition for business and may be interested in other options. If you have 10 or fewer users in your group and do not use your G Suite legacy free edition for business, please sign in to your administrator account to provide more information.

Sign in to an administrator account (doesn't end in gmail.com).

Note that even if you decide you don't want to upgrade to Google Workspace, you'll still retain access to additional Google services and paid content purchased though non-Google Workspace services made with your legacy edition account (such as movies purchased on Google Play). Learn more above.
Wonder what they will offer or just say politely GO. :unsure:

I logged into my id thru the browser & found a link called a feedback form for people who use it for personal use. All it says is they will keep us informed of further developments. :confused: Frankly the way they are operating is too damn slow, we may not be left with enough time to communicate with all people/institutions we have given google apps id to. Could not any tool for exporting our mail to another id. :mad::mad:

I have two domains with the legacy free edition. I might let one to retire. The other already has a payment method enabled. So, it might be converted to flexible plan automatically. I expected this to happen long ago. So, already migrated most of my business emails to protonmail.com and others .

I also submitted the form when it was available. Now, I can't find it. Anyway, it was just collecting the info whether we use it for personal, business or both. Nothing else.

Back