Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
This phone charges so fast that sometimes I think its trolling me :|How much time does a full charge tak? ~2 hrs?
Felt kind of same initially! Mine gets charged from ~7-10℅ to 100℅ within 2 hours. Just few minutes short to 2hrs though.Battery backup is good as well because of incredible standby time! It has happened so many times that battery didn't even drop single a percent overnight. Screen is a culprit when it comes to battery backup.

lol yeah. with Galaxy nexus i usually found my phone dead if it was at 20% or below marker (i think i had ruined the battery by keeping it on the dock permanently). now i can sleep with it on 5 and it would still probably be alive when i wake up.

I don't think mine heats up while playing YouTube videos. But that's maybe because I am using case. It heats up while using GPS only for me. But that's the case with almost every phone. However, GPS with screen ON takes a juice out of battery at a same speed of charging up device. Around 1% every minute.Yes! Quick charging time and amazing standby time are the things made me to like this phone more. I guess I am going to keep it for longer time. Have used 4-5 phones in last year and bored of Microsoft platform for now. Right now pretty much comfortable with Google and Nexus. I guess if I have to go back to MS in future, then Google is going to make it very difficult as they don't give sh!t about WP platform.

Don't know much about Android devices outside of Nexus devices and few flagships of Samsung & Sony.
My dad is also thinking about buying Nexus 5. Though he's very content with Galaxy Nexus, he's looking forward to 4.4 & beyond. And the processor of course!
I am not yet completely sold on LG hardware for subsidized phones. Till all the quirks like unexpected battery behavior (draining), speaker sound, audio quality *(DAC Change?), sleep/wake button rattling etc are fixed. He's not into photography so I think he'll be alright with camera.
Let them fix the hardware or (may be s/w) issues first. It should not be accepted for the Nexus Flagship.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/13/google-subtly-revises-the-nexus-5s-hardware-with-larger-speaker-holes-and-improved-buttons/
And I hope that they fix dead pixels on display issue. It must feel horrible when someone buys the device and the screen has it.
*Edit

Zagg has still not arrived. So asked for a replacement yesterday. They have shipped it today.

pujaari said:
No wonder my order got delayed by over 7days having ordered on the launch day.. Am glad I have the one with bigger speaker holes.. Nice find admin
So basically Google Play store in India has also started shipping the modified Nexus 5 then? The stores still seem to have the older stock so finally ordering it online.

Actually on the hind side I am concluding that mine is newer one purely on the basis of speaker holes... My power button does wiggle but no issue with display and volume is as good or bad as everyone.unless there is some specific number for newer batch I can't say for sure...

Piece of advise. Don't get the official bumper. The buttons become very hard to press. A colleague is having a tough time with it, and finally dumped it and got a capdase cover. He's now trying to return it via Google Play.

heh. i am using the amzer case and same problem. button is very hard to press.
I tried going back to the Ringke case which has holes in the button areas. Did not work out well because of the screenguard at the back.
The extra 0.2mm thickness messed it up. I scratched the borders of the phone while inserting it :D Not cool.

Back