Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
How long does the battery last on average use? Google says 2-3 weeks for delivery, so do they charge at the time of shipping like they do in USA or immediately. And is RMA handled by google directly or LG?

Well. On my usage (abnormally low) it lasts for me for almost 2 days. But when I was out of town for a few days, I managed just fine with one recharge per day.
But I am a poor example of a real world usage test case so hopefully someone else with a N5 would post his experience here.
No idea how they are charging for the phone. People have said here that they block the limit for 14 days and then return it and then charge it again when they actually ship the device. I am not in a position to say because my unit was delivered in the first week itself.
No clue about RMA or anything though I do remember reading about a dedicated helpline number for products ordered from Google Play Store even in India. Might have changed by now though.

Well I have not used the Nexus 4. I have not even seen the Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 2013 personally so that statement is based on my experience with N1, NS, GN, N7 2012 and now the N5. :D

DNA_Uncut said:
The hardware is from LG. I wonder why you people ignore LG as a top brand. But fond of Nexus because of google name on it. .
Main Reason: LG takes a yr to update.... Google takes a day...

PanZeR008 said:
Main Reason: LG takes a yr to update.... Google takes a day...
You totally forget the business behind it. With this kind of business model. The manufacturers make the enduser think that an os update means you 'll need a better hardware. The whole business model is like that irrespective of platform.
Even in windows the enduser was forced to upgrade their hardware to run vista. It was a big fail. MS then realised & made win 7 & 8. So this nexus fever also 'll thawed out soon.
Leave the software update. A dual core, 1 GB RAM phone is fair enough for a normal enduser.

Leave the software update. A dual core, 1 GB RAM phone is fair enough for a normal enduser.
That was my Galaxy S2, can't say it runs smoothly anymore. Will have to run a task killer for it to be of any good use. But for an average Joe it may be fine :)

True.... But u can't stay behind the world.... Normal user takes a new phone every 2-3yrs..... He doesn't upgrade to a new phone just coz its outdated as per the manufacturers... He upgrades coz he is bored with the current device....I upgraded after 3yrs.... Samsung Wave to N5.... My sister has a Samsung Galaxy R.... Dual core with 1GB RAM.... But still my N5 feels so fast and nice.... Even though its more or less the same OS.... Android hasn't changed much since 4.0.... So better hardware does make a lot of difference.... And so does the updates..LG G2 is a very good phone.... But anyone buying new phone first chks who the leaders r..... Apple & Samsung r at the top.... So LG needs something new abt it..... And lagging in updates doesn't help its coz....

Back