Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
What is the best online offer for nexus 5 32gb?

This phone does have out-of-the-box OTG support. Used mouse,keyboard and a printer today. Although for removable media,you need to buy an app or root the phone.

ah ok. i guess most people need otg support for storage.

OTG support for mass storage is flawless once rooted and stickmount app installed (available on play store). I even tried 1TB external HDD and it worked very fine. Same doesn't work with S4, MMX Canvas 5 that I have tried. Maybe because of high power requirements. But Nexus 5 works just fine with it.

How much storage space on the Nexus 5 can be used for apps?I ask this because I am in an argument with a friend who claims that 1.5GB app storage is enough on a phone (Micromax Canvas Knight).Basically, Canvas Knight is a 32GB phone. Specifications however mention that 1.5GB of the space is available for apps and around 25GB for media.I have a Nexus 5 and the phone shows that I have consumed nearly 2GB space for apps.My question.Can I use the entire storage space on my Nexus 5 32GB for apps? Or there is a partition and apps can only be installed on a smaller portion of that? Friend claims that on devices with internal storage, apps would automatically start using the bigger partition (in case of Knight) for data storage. If this is the case, why does the manufacturer clearly mention the 1.5GB restriction on the tech specs page?

AFAIK,it is unlimited (Atleast in nexus 5)

I have no idea about Knight and the two canvas I own have very low app storage. But that's justified as internal memory is low itself.

Back