Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
nexus 5 is outdated. camera is the biggest trade off. you're getting much much better camera at lower priced phones.

Also if you're into flashing, buy xiaomi devices. they have warrenty even if you flash and root your phone or even if you brick your phone while flashing.
If you're into flashing you should buy nexus 5.

Warranty still applies if you flash despite what they say in ToS. Everything you do is reversible, unless you do something really stupid.

Why spend 30k on a phone for experimenting when a 15K phone would suffice? :|

Reactions: SVK
Why should somebody not buy Nexus 5?
Does it have any issues with Call quality, signal reception, display and Camera?
If not Nexus 5, then which Android phone gives best Android experience?
There is no reason why one should not buy this phone. I get more than 5 hours screen on time that covers easily a day.

Camera is not bad, don't be fooled by megapixels, not all megapixels are equal.

No issues with call or reception, no other phone has a better display except LG g3.

The 32gb is a bit overpriced, but 16gb is fine.

Can't say I haven't been amazed by xiomi but at the end a nexus is nexus. [emoji3]

What's the fuss about Nexus 5 camera? I need to post some photos taken from my N5. It is the best 8MP shooter I have came across and beats many 12MP cameras out there.
Battery is bit weaker but sufficient for a day with ~5hr of SOT. What compensate here is ultra low power consumption on standby and quick charging time. With outstanding dev support of numerous custom ROMs, kernels, bionic, dalvic libraries, graphic driver updates etc. one can further tweak these parameters and improve performance. I don't this phone is bad deal or overpriced at all at 26-28k.

To add, if one like to keep things stock, better look out for other options.

I am planning to replace my Lumia 620. I am considering either Lumia 830 or Nexus 5. So asked here.
I am not interested in Chinese brands like Xiaomi/OnePlus (no hard feelings please). Moto X 2014 is also good option.

I am also worried about Nexus or Moto regarding any repairs. How easy it would be like Nokia, as Nokia has service centers at many place, but what about Nexus or Moto for any breakage.

If Moto X 2014 pricing is anywhere near to Nexus 5, it is going to be a good buy.

About servicing, Nexus if bought from Play store, Google takes care of after sales by directly warranting replacement for any hardware issue faced within 1 year. After that, its LG's responsibility. LG has plenty of service centers, few of them dedicated to smart phones. I have good experience with LG service when I dropped phone and glass surface came out loose. LG fixed it within 10 minutes without need of doing formalities like submitting proof of purchase etc. In this case, I went straight to LG as I didn't want Google to replace phone for this particular issue.

I have no idea about Motorola after sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK

Back