Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,803
pujaari said:
Is shipping free for ZAGG sheild? Also any other charges/ duties for india?
Cheaper shipping was free for me too. I have never paid duty in the past because of low value. Not sure if it would attract any duty nowadays.

Ashish said:
Surprised that still all 4 models are not OoS
its india , i do not think we should expect it this soon maybe till evening or tomorrow

Apart from price, I am impressed with avaibility.
Nexus 4 took more than 2-3 months and nexus 5 available within 15 days. +1 for google for that. Now next version take care of price.

I am quite sure it is cheaper than the European pricing. Not sure what people expect.
You are not going to get the subsidized American pricing in India.
Moto G would take care of the pricing. Considering Nexus 4 is priced at around Rs. 22K. Moto G should be around 15-16K. Hopefully cheaper.

Processor is better.
RAM is same.
Display is better because of higher resolution.
Display size is larger.

I think what they are doing is keeping US price as base and exporting. I am sure it is made in china or korea or somewhere there. So they are importing to US and again exporting and pays double duty... In future cycle they might export from manufacturing unit to make it cheaper. Otherwise this wont change. Yeah 15-16k Moto G would be killer.

mmm. that is a moto x feature. i am quite sure the phone needs to be on for that feature to work.
--
Indian units are not probably not being imported from USA. Most likely from Singapore. The bill of material of the phone itself should be comparable to something like S4. Compare the prices of S4 and N5 to see the price difference.

Karna Sarkar said:
Seeking advice, trying to make up my mind.
What is different about the " Nexus 5 " against the " Nexus 4 "
I had recently got a Nexus 4
Not that major jump. As a thumb rule its worth to jump on alternate generation of phone.
at 22-23k nexus 4 is still phone to beat

Back