Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,803
I dont think any phones are imported from US officially to sold by retailers. Most phones would be produced in China (or Taiwan/Korea) and imported by Indian dealers.

chromaniac said:
mmm. that is a moto x feature. i am quite sure the phone needs to be on for that feature to work.
--
Indian units are not probably not being imported from USA. Most likely from Singapore. The bill of material of the phone itself should be comparable to something like S4. Compare the prices of S4 and N5 to see the price difference.
Thats what I am saying. N4/5 in india at such price is also subsidized extra money is going to taxes and other logistics they should find way to minimize (optimize) that.
Ofcourse S4 and N5 have price difference because N5 is not taking profit but S4 is earning profit. After a year S4 will be around 30K and N5 will still be 30K because this is lowest they can go. (eg. currently S3 and N4 have same value) and thats why we cant compare with that.

Karna Sarkar said:
Seeking advice, trying to make up my mind.What is different about the " Nexus 5 " against the " Nexus 4 "I had recently got a Nexus 4
DisplayCameraLTEStorage capacity higher option of 32 gbDesigning and styling- less fragile than glass but again matter of preference

SVK said:
I dont think any phones are imported from US officially to sold by retailers. Most phones would be produced in China (or Taiwan/Korea) and imported by Indian dealers.
I am just talking about play store price.
And if they are coming directly from manufacturing unit what makes price increase so much compare to US counterpart.
I am not blaming google at this price phone is great value for money but thinking about why such difference compare to US and even for europe too

Karna Sarkar said:
Seeking advice, trying to make up my mind.What is different about the " Nexus 5 " against the " Nexus 4 "I had recently got a Nexus 4
ProcessorDisplayCameraLTEStorage capacity 32 gb optionDesigning and styling- less fragile than glass but again matter of preferenceA nice step up from n4 but not a major all to die for upgrade!I think they will be upgrading n4 to kitkat version as well

Does rooting n5 voids warranty? Am impressed at the number of forums (xda in particUlar)already offering so much stuff to tweak around. Cant wait to get hands on my nexus 5!

Back