Google Nexus 6P

oh ..ok... I thought now he started mocking Nexus as well for the price :)

BTW, I exchanged my Note3 for 8000+1500(discount for using credit card)

Nah. It would be impossible to find a buyer at around the same price elsewhere so the buyback price is not the issue. The overall price is. 25K for 5X sounds fine. 43K for 6P is not.

A colleague bought a 5X and it is good. Lightweight and nice to hold. But accessories were of low quality compared to 6P. His charger and cable has loose contact and he is trying to get only the charger replaced.

This phone is good if you can live with 32GB and want smaller screen.

That's the thing. I would be fine with nexus 5x with 64GB storage. I have used the phone. It reminds me of the Nexus 5 which is still one of the finest phones I have ever used (Except for battery life maybe). But I cannot get it because 32GB is not enough for me.

Now waiting for full first-hand review of 6P @chromaniac
Congrats!

Nishant babu can already do it. He is more knowledgeable about things to know. I am already consulting about accessories.

Ok here's my review. Mostly a comparison based review.

Build Quality: The P really stands for Premium. The build quality is excellent. Fully metallic body except the camera/led flash/laser autofocus/sensor hub visor, which I heard is Gorilla Glass too. It doesn't look ugly as I thought. The front of the display is protected by Gorilla Glass 4 but I have put a tempered glass on top of it anyway. After all it's still glass and a silicon particle is enough to scratch it. It also has a notification LED which I badly missed on the Nexus 6.

Display: The Nexus 6P has a much better quality AMOLED display than the Nexus 6. The whites are pretty close but still on the warmer side but it is much better than the whites of Nexus 6. The Nexus 6 replacement I got had an uneven tint which was an eyesore which I chose to live with. It also had pinkish display issue when the brightness is lowered to the lowest possible, and this was widspread. The Nexus 6P doesn't have any of those issues. There are reports which says the initial batches of Nexus 6P has this problem but luckily my unit's display is perfect. I'm pretty happy with it. It does have an oversensitive ambient light sensor which keeps lowering the brightness to a much lower than expected values when in a poorly lit room. This is a known issue and a bug fix is expected. The orientation sensor is a bit oversensitive too.

Camera: Again a huge upgrade if compared with the Nexus 6. The low light performance is much better. The front camera is pretty good too. I'm not much of a camera person so I can't comment more on this department :D

Call and Speaker Quality: Call quality is the same as Nexus 6. The sound from earpiece is quite audible when on a phone call while commuting. No distortions. The sound output from dual speakers again is the same as Nexus 6. Again I have not used the speakers much. The Nexus 6 had this irritating issue where some notification sounds (Facebook etc.) used to go inaudible, which was a known bug. No such issues on 6P. There was an issue with noise cancellation which was fixed in Android 6.0.1. I didn't face it as I upgraded my unit to 6.0.1 as soon as I got it.

Network reception: Again the same as Nexus 6. Haven't faced any weird network issues as yet. I also suppose it supports Indian LTE bands, not sure of this part.

Snapdragon 810 saga: This was the only worry for me when I planned to get the 6P. But thankfully the device has no such heating issues. Google/Huawei has tamed the dragon pretty good :p The device hardly gets warm. In fact it runs cooler than the Nexus 6. The performance is 'makhhan' too. Haven't faced random reboots or random app crashes yet. Chrome and Gmail has crashed one or two times, and it used to do that on N6 too. So I guess it's the app and not the phone.

Battery Life and Rapid Charging: Battery life is much better than the Nexus 6. I easily get around 4.5 hrs screen on time which is pretty good. Phone easily lasts more than a day. Doze mode works much better on the Nexus 6P due to the sensor hub. Battery drops by just 2% during the night (approx 8 hours). The phone does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 so the Anker QC2.0 charger that I have is useless now. I am carrying the stock charger with me. Rapid charging is very close to QC2.0 and it charges the Nexus 6P at almost the same speed as QC2.0.

USB-C Port: Have already spent around 1.8k on getting a USB-C - USB-A and a USB-C to USB-A female (OTG) cable from Google Store. The accessories are too costly right now. Also, one needs to be very careful while buying USB-C accessories for this phone as using random cables can damage the phone or charger or both. @chromaniac has shared deets of cables recommended by a Google Engineer and it is better to get a cable recommended by him as he has tested it for USB-C compliance. For rapid charging, one needs to buy a USB-C charger capable of outputting 3A of current. On a positive note, we no longer have to bother looking at the cable and port while plugging it in :p

Any questions? Fire it here :D

Last edited:
SD 810 doesn't support QC ??[emoji32]
But SD 801 has QC 2.0
anyways its nexus..its awesome nevertheless.

Back