• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,679
well i think some technology are missing

1st: no HSPA+ modem (14.1 to 21mbps)
2nd: no dual core processor
3rd: no bluetooth 3

rest the future is common in most phone except gyroscope

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

one more thing , body is also plastic ,

one more point to add , phone is also costly between 30 to 35K , must be between 25 to 30K

the phone is priced at USD 529. i think you end up paying around USD 30-40 in taxes. the total costing for google nexus one earlier this year came to around USD 570. 25700 Indian rupees. the phone is of course not revolutionary when it comes to hardware specifications. but the fact remains, it is an official google branded device and would get updates on priority. if you want an android device, google branded phones are a safe option to go for.

^^^ seems u too agree on most of point , but on pricing i think it is not, even Google nexus is not available officially in india, and that too at Rs 35K , and the nexus S will be selling at premium too . by the way , i m closing to get a ipad, so no money left for google phone , will buy nexus one in second hand and overclock it , after overclock can i update it to 2.3 ginger

The Nexus S is unlocked right out of the box and can be used with a Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900) GSM carrier and is Tri-band HSPA (900, 2100, 1700) compatible.
For you AT&T customers out there, just a quick reminder that the Nexus S does not support the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz HSPA frequency bands required for 3G mobile data.

Can anyone tell me what bands are used for 3G services in India?

AFAIK BSNL and MTNL Delhi uses the 2100 MHz 3G band. I don't know about other operators.

by the way , i m closing to get a ipad, so no money left for google phone , will buy nexus one in second hand and overclock it ,

after overclock can i update it to 2.3 ginger

Why not get Galaxy Tab instead of ipad, Galaxy tab gives you portability with all the features that ipad has and many more features.

The worst part of ipad is that it's too big to carry and also tiresome to read it or use while holding it in hands

Also most of the ipad models does not have 3G and one of them do have 3G but you won't be able to use indian sim cards in it as it needs micro sim which is not provided by any of the carriers in india. so you will have to alway stick with wifi for your ipad and with samsung galaxy tab you can use wifi as well as 3G.

SGT is 7" but it still fits in the jeans pocket, atleast it fits in mine not very comfortable but you can still carry it

Regarding nexus one yeah i read it somewhere it will also get Gingerbread OTA just make sure you are using the stock android android on it

Cheers

heh. airtel and bsnl are providing micro-sims officially. others might also be providing. and you can anyways cut a regular sim into a microsim. fit a tablet in a jeans pocket? seriously? its a touchscreen device. i wont sit with my phone in my pocket. Galaxy tab is a bad purchase. even adam is a better product. people buy ipad (and iPhone) not largely because of the features but for the brand name. buying an android tablet at this point of time is not a good decision. wait for android 3.0 based tablets. that is the official android version that is optimized for tablets.

heh. airtel and bsnl are providing micro-sims officially. others might also be providing. and you can anyways cut a regular sim into a microsim.

fit a tablet in a jeans pocket? seriously? its a touchscreen device. i wont sit with my phone in my pocket.

Galaxy tab is a bad purchase. even adam is a better product. people buy ipad (and iPhone) not largely because of the features but for the brand name.

buying an android tablet at this point of time is not a good decision. wait for android 3.0 based tablets. that is the official android version that is optimized for tablets.

Sorry wasn't aware of the micro sim

Yeah it does fits in the jeans pocket, yeah it's a touch screen device with Gorilla glass and i myself use it and had no issues keep it in pocket.

LOL, you want to buy something just because of brand name even though if it's not comfortable to use and does not have all the required features and is costlier then the other device which is comfortable to use and has better specs and features.

Good or Bad decision depends upon your requirement. Galaxy tab works perfectly even on froyo i can't find any issues with it all and it does all the tasks perfectly even though it does not have Honeycomb.

You can decide whether it's good or bad once you have the requirement and once you try it

Back