Google Nexus S Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,679
LOL, you want to buy something just because of brand name even though if it's not comfortable to use and does not have all the required features and is costlier then the other device which is comfortable to use and has better specs and features.

ipad is worth the money and usability wise it is very comfortable

obvious Q: So when n where can I get a Nexus S in india?

google might or might not bring it to india officially. it is already on sale on ebay india. theoretically speaking Galaxy s is very similar to nexus s. in fact, nexus s seems to be missing some features that are available on the galaxy s.

samsung would probably release android 2.3 for GS in a matter of months if not weeks.

if you buy it from abroad (like i am trying to), you won't get any warranty. no warranty on a device costing around Rs. 30,000 (including taxes and other duties).

i know how careful i have to be with my nexus one. one nasty drop and the entire phone is history.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Samsung pulls Froyo update for Bell's Vibrant after reports of fried internal storage -- Engadget

looks like samsung is struggling to deliver the 2.2 update to all the phones in their Galaxy s series.

anyways, i can only hope that the nexus s does suffer from the gps related issues suffered by samsung android owners.

Warranty on a 25-30k phone seems to be very imp, or at least having a paid service support in India. I had a iPhone 3g for 2 yrs, lost it recently, i loved the phone but hate Apple for restricting the features so much. WTH, to dial someone I need to search his name in the contact list, scroll scroll & scroll. The normal way of search like using the num keypads is not there yet even with the latest firmware updates. On the other hand I love the wifi tethering feature and built in SIP on the android 2.3 which makes it a much superior phone. I almost bought the SGS, learnt from the store that samsung has stopped manufacturing the same, only found it in one store. Also do not like the added samsung UI, need pure android.

Never used spotlight search.

Here is some good news I would like to believe, I walked into ShoppersStop, the guy told me SGS is EOL and samsung is going to launch a new phone on similar lines as early as next week. He didn't know which model it would be. So I checked out a samsung store and they said that it was now way EOL but yes samsung will come out with a new model sometime soon. They showed me a dummy of what they believed would be the upcoming model, it did not looked like Nexus S maybe because I've not held one in my hand as of now, but there was a Google logo at the back.

mmm i believe a lot of android devices have google branding on them.

but yeah. samsung is one company that could launch the official N S in India. HTC launched Desire which was practically the N ONE but with HTC Sense.

here is the dual core LG Android smartphone that is of course not part of the Nexus series.

https://imgur.com/ODTjP

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

all of these new developments tells me that i might have made a mistake ordering the google nexus s smartphone. it is costing me around 600 dollars just for the phone. and i would probably spend more on the zagg skin and the dock whenever they launch one.

$600 is not a bad buy, I myself was looking a way to get it. We dont really know if it would be the nexus S or some other low end version made for India. So ordered on ebay or thru a friend ?

Back