Google Nexus S Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,679
just realized that google nexus s does not have connectors at the bottom like nexus one.

so there would not be a dock similar to nexus one. that makes me sad.

i like using a dock for charging. it is much better than fiddling around with the charging cable :(

https://imgur.com/87NqZ

Just saw an Ad of Dell streak, 5in screen looks awesome, never read ppl talk about it on forums ? is it not a good buy ?

Dell streak is not a phone. it is too expensive here in india. and i believe it just recently got android 2.2. it was launched with android 1.6.

expensive in india maybe, $500 on buy.com i guess. At 5in it cant be an ebook reader ?

just got my nexus s. initial impressions...

plastic quality? very bad. especially of the battery cover.

display is pretty awesome.

gingerbread looks better with black tone.

gps on this phone? much worse than nexus one indoors at least. does not detect my location. N1 never had any issues. not sure how it performs outside. would report back about that.

overall, i guess i would get used to this phone over nexus one. the larger display is definitely nice.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

btw. turned on the edge settings. the phone is showing 3G. and speeds are pretty nice. and it seems to be working right now. so that's weird.

Cool, fill us in with all the more information soon. I'm hoping for a detailed feedback on usability of gps and the new 3d google maps in India. I used a lot of google maps on the iPhone, and hated it as Apple restricts its upgrade. Even on the iphone, the gps did not detect me perfectly while I'm indoors, but it did show me within 500mtr range. Also used the iphone to keep track how much miles I walked & track, again a gps related feature.

The nexus S is available on Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victoria @ Rs 30k with a Rs1250/- discount for HDFC card holders.

gps was outstanding on the nexus one.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

my camera has gone bad it seems. maybe the battery has gone bad. anyways. here is a photo taken from wife's blackberry.

god damn. this is a bad timing for my digital camera to go bad.

https://imgur.com/JHuCX

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

as you can see. this phone is a fingerprint magnet. definitely would need a zagg.

More photos...

taken from the camcorder now that my camera is fcuked :(

Source

Source

Source

Source

this photo was taken from the front VGA camera. designed for video calling. not very nice.

Source

hmm. i see wrinkles. not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back