Google Nexus S Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,679
at today's rate it is around Rs. 27000. heh.

ordered it through a friend. getting it fedexed to another friend. who is coming to india next week.

very complicated procedure. required help from two very helpful friends.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

phone costing USD 570 with taxes. USD 25 for fedex 2 day delivery.

not really sure if the friend would face any issues in customs regarding the phone. let's hope not.

Lucky you, I dont have anyone coming to India before January 2011 end. The Indian customs really dont both anyone unless they see any LCD TVs with the luggage or the luggage itself is over weight.

yeap. my n1 came here without any issues through a similar route. btw. jan 2011 is good. CES 2011 is expected to see major new launches. you just might be able to get one of the new dual core androids!

Thats the LG one right ? never really used a LG phone before, moreover after using a Apple phone I really am critical if I would like the andriod phone. Given the features I know I would, just dont know about the phone's build quality and the UI. So dont wanna take chances and then waste 30 grands lol. This made me remember those handspring visor phones, one of the 1st touch screen business phones and where we are today.

haha. so you are an iPhone user. android would mean more freedom but not so nice user experience. even my wife's second generation ipod touch has more responsive touch mechanism compared to my google nexus one.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

and no. LG phone is unlikely to be available before feb i suppose. more models are likely to be out. HTC has been rather silent for the last couple of weeks.

that UI part scares me, I hope the gingerbread is better & more responsive, Ive read likewise. Just dont wanna landup hating a android phone because I've tasted iOS. I think I can manage with 10% less satisfaction levels from iOS since I know I would driver much more from android. The iOS only recently added few basic features that it lacked and still lacks some like using the num keypad to search a name to dial, i hate scrolling one thousand names to find someone to dial. I purchased $3 app just to get the feature, but never used the app since it was not an integrated experience with the phone's dialer.

i dont think android 2.2 can search for a name when you dial in a number. this feature is available in cheapo phones. :)

Check this video for nexus one, this is what I was talking about:

- Dialer application on Nexus One[/URL]

And this is what I bought on the iPhone to get the same feature:

Smart Dial | Fresh Apps - iPhone Apps

I think I saw the same feature on nexus S video.

Last edited by a moderator:
its an app named super dial. not exactly an integrated feature. it searches for the person and you click to open up that person's contact menu and you press the dial key. not intuitive at all.

Aha okay, same thing what smart dial did on the iPhone and which is why I stopped using it. Wish they integrate it in the OS. Let me check up the NS video again.

Back