Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,783
Google has updated so damn much lately that I am freaking confused. +1, Google Plus, Stream, Buzz, Maps, Gmail :|Navigation bar, new ui while searching...Information fatigue, heh.

check my brain. it has been fatigued for years now.

voice search? google+ has two cool features. multi-user video conferencing on desktopblackberry messenger type app for android (and possibly iOS!)

i would not call it a facebook killer.facebook is too big to be killed today. it has become an entire ecosystem. if it goes down, a lot of web services go down. google has provided an alternative for people who use gmail and other google services daily. and they no longer have to rely on facebook for their social networking. of course not everyone on facebook would switch to google+, so it remains to be seen how popular it becomes.

I have always disliked Facebook and Orkut.

Actually, I tend to hate anything that starts becoming famous.

Actually post Buzz fiasco, It seem they have taken the best feature of all the worlds, facebook, orkut and enhanced them with additional security and came up with goolge+ .. .Like... Sparks - gathers videos and articles on topics of interests or hobbiesHangouts - lets friends join video chat with multiple people at onceStream section - similar to Facebook's News Feed but you get to decide which circle which feeds of yours.. One can choose to make it available to “all circles” or even available to “extended circles” - which is like outside your circle. This is almost same with all its feature.. you can decide who gets to seem them and unlike buzz the feature is set to high security by default...

Yep, facebook is now too far ahead that it can be killed. Just like Google search is now too far ahead.Think abt "searching" and Google comes in mind. Same way think abt "social place" and facebook comes in mind.People are now tired of too many social networking sites from which invitations keep coming. So they have now picked one i.e. facebook and scrapping all others slowly. Hi5 and myspace has lost the battle.. even orkut is dying slowly.

Back