Has BSNL capped upload speed on Fiber Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter thadougamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 22,458
@prabin Which state?

last nail in the coffin for bsnl as far as i am concerned if they restrict upload speeds,simply no reason left to pick bsnl if this stays.

@
Dark_Nate
in my assam but i dont know in other state, they are fixing issue from Bangalore
Assam and Meghalaya, both are on the same backbone through Kolkata. Keep us updated with this upload speed bullshit.

Other ISPs can solve issues in hours. BSNL will take a month.

Speedtest result at the time of this post

How to get this session log?

@varkey

I use Healthchecks.io – Cron Job Monitoring where I send a ping whenever the BSNL PPP session goes up/down. I use OpenWRT with mwan3 package for load balancing, and it makes available certain hooks which you can use to send these pings.

I also have a cron job which sends a ping every minute, helps me track the uptime.

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 7.19.51 AM.webp

The above is from pings with failover enabled and there have been zero downtimes which lasted more than 5 min. In Jan, I had changed my router, so that's why there is some downtime as I was setting up the health check pings.

@vishalrao bsnl trying different measures to contain this botnet attack, but they don't know what they r doing. They depends on third party vendors to fix this issue as they don't have any skilled technicians

I use Healthchecks.io – Cron Job Monitoring where I send a ping whenever the BSNL PPP session goes up/down. I use OpenWRT with mwan3 package for load balancing, and it makes available certain hooks which you can use to send these pings.

I also have a cron job which sends a ping every minute, helps me track the uptime.

View attachment 284

The above is from pings with failover enabled and there have been zero downtimes which lasted more than 5 min. In Jan, I had changed my router, so that's why there is some downtime as I was setting up the health check pings.

What router are you using? It has openwrt?

Back