Has BSNL capped upload speed on Fiber Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter thadougamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 22,458
@pothi Name of the isp ?

Agreed. Jio has very limited coverage in a nearby city. So, this LCO is the only option available that I can trust. I saw Google and Facebook reviews. All were positive. Even a friend of mine vouched for their service. Of course, their upload speed is only one third of plan speed too. But, that’s for normal users. My friend just had to spend two minutes on phone to get it increased to full speed.

Finally Im getting 50mbps both Upload and Download now. There was a small down time in the afternoon after which speed became normal. Previously upload was capped at 10mbps.

However, the problem of packet loss is still there Ping 1.1.1.1 still times out a lot :(
On phone instagram is very sluggish.

(repost from other thread)

@partymonger Run a benchmark when your network is idle. Preferably at night over LAN and disable Wi-Fi so that no other devices will be connected.

Cloudflare doesn't have multiple servers in India, they are only in Mumbai for now. Google DNS is the fastest in my current physical location as per the benchmark for example.

I believe cloudflare pop in Chennai and delhi only handles dns and cdn only.
I couldn't test it because my ISP connects to cloudflare at Mumbai Extreme IX so by default all my cloudflare traffic goes to Mumbai without any regard to the anycast.
But when I was using bsnl BB all my dns queries and cdn traffic were comming from clouflare's Chennai pop.

Back