Have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 6,397
use the link in my signature to create one if you do not have one already!also please see if that iso has a setup file in the base. :)Dropbox would work in this case because they do not upload files that they already have on their servers. google drive i have tested uploads everything. bitcasa is another service that does not need to upload everything. skydrive i am not sure.

Doesnt look like I have Dropbox. So creating..Yes, it has a setup file in base.

awesome. :D hopefully it would only take a couple of seconds to upload into your Dropbox account. downloading it would be painfully slow knowing dropbox. but i guess it is sort of a safer choice for my requirement than trying a random torrent on the web.

I used a pirated copy of Win 7 64 bit and entered a Genuine product key to it. After 24 hrs it showed the msg that my windows is not genuine. I re-entered the product key and everything is fine 40+ days now.

awesome. :D

hopefully it would only take a couple of seconds to upload into your Dropbox account.

downloading it would be painfully slow knowing dropbox. but i guess it is sort of a safer choice for my requirement than trying a random torrent on the web.
you can try taking the MD5 hash of the iso from him and search for a torrent with that MD5. maybe it'd work.

yeah. i was actually hoping you would help me out in this thing :D it is a long shot in any case :D

I too have the ISO, of the 32 (the one which came with the upgrade assistant) as well as the 64 bit (downloaded from link-removed for a friend's desktop)? Do you want the whole ISO, just the setup file or just the md5 hash or are you sorted now?

I guess you can proceed. Some issues have delayed me. In either case he can use both of our files & see, if they happen to be different.

I too have the ISO, of the 32 (the one which came with the upgrade assistant) as well as the 64 bit (downloaded from link-removed for a friend's desktop)? Do you want the whole ISO, just the setup file or just the md5 hash or are you sorted now?

I want the 32bit ISO file from the upgrade assistant. Share it to [email protected] on Dropbox.

I guess you can proceed. Some issues have delayed me. In either case he can use both of our files & see, if they happen to be different.

Have you shared it to my email address? :D I did not get any email yet.

----

can you both paste the md5 (or whatever) of your iso so that we can confirm it is the exact same file?

So you mean to say the entire ISO? The size is 2.01GB. If that's what you want then I'll begin the upload now and it will probably be done by morning 8 or 9am. :p

Back