Have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 6,397
it should not take more than a couple of seconds if any other Dropbox user had uploaded the exact same file to their servers. magic of deduplication :) try it.

How to calculate the md5 on Windows? I have always calculated the md5 on android only. No idea about how to calculate it on Windows.

Even i upgraded my windows 7 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit with 32 bit installer. I didn't think there is anything separate installer. Running the one you have will convert your windows vista 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit if hardware are supported.

I am still trying to figure out this stuff. I created an account. Downloaded the software, created the folder along the way where I would be placing the files I want to transfer & I put the ISO file there. I right-click & click on share link & I am stuck there for the past 3-4 minutes.

Even i upgraded my windows 7 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit with 32 bit installer.

I didn't think there is anything separate installer. Running the one you have will convert your windows vista 32 bit to Windows 8 64 bit if hardware are supported.

1. Microsoft does not support upgrade of 32bit OS to 64bit OS.
2. There are different installers for 32bit and 64bit Windows.

Since AbhishekS also said the same number 2.01 GB (Assuming he is not repeating me), then that looks to be the valid size. Now how does it know its the same file as we might have different names for it?

Since AbhishekS also said the same number 2.01 GB (Assuming he is not repeating me), then that looks to be the valid size. Now how does it know its the same file as we might have different names for it?

MD5 check would be a safe way :)

Now its saying uploading for the past minute or so...

oh crap. i hope it is not actually uploading the file. someone should have uploaded it in the past. :P i would not like to waste 2GB of your bandwidth for this!

1. Microsoft does not support upgrade of 32bit OS to 64bit OS.
2. There are different installers for 32bit and 64bit Windows.

Was it there before because I have done that.

Back