Help Me Choose A Mobiel Phone And Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 190
  • Views Views 80,933
I plan to buy a new gsm phone. iPhone is out of the equation. i guess i can spend up to rs 20Ki dont have any specific requirement except for a decent talktime...i heard a lot of good things about the Nokia e-series. i guess i can get it and get gprs and get email ssh on my mobile... or i can go to one of the walkman series and get a decent music phone....i seriously do not have any specific criteria. what do you guys suggest?

if its only calls, any phone would do, I use N70M.
But i miss good speed to use SSH, push mails, or few of my custom panels at few datacenters.
E Series is ok, but not as widely usable as a windows based phone.

Recently saw N82 its too good for 21K, better than other music phones, If you wish to test music, use N82 and connect the full Logitech Headphones, You won't believe the quality. Its amazing, Better than a few Sony walkman phones.

I would suggest you to consider Blackberry too, cause iam very willing to have one with its interface, reliability and features.

^^ I just hate to visit forums, which need you to register before you can read any reffered stuff.

I use N70 Music edition, its worth. But Symbian 8 is now outdated. Make sure u get Symbian 9 phone which also supports java.I assume by talktime you actually mean to say battery life. All Nokia batteries now have 3-4 hrs talktime. So that shud matter much if you are going for nokia mobiles. Even 5k mobiles wud give u good battery life.If you are willing to pay 20k then I would suggest, get a symbian mobile worth say 15-16 and spend extra money on expanding say multimedia card and getting external bluetooth keyboard.(for easy typing)

e51 lags behind e61 or e71 in every aspect, in short its not in d race of smart phone.Depending on budget, 1 can decide whether e61 or e71.But I m with E65 for its beauty with brains.

Sushubh, the e71 appears to be a beautiful phone in your budget. And as e-mail / internet usage would be very much a necessity for you, having a qwerty helps A LOT! That's my only regret with my e51. That, and the fact that phone browsers still are very slow. The same page that would load in 10 seconds on a laptop will load in 50 seconds on the phone browser (over the same WiFi connection).

e51 lags behind e61 or e71 in every aspect, in short its not in d race of smart phone.
Depending on budget, 1 can decide whether e61 or e71.
But I m with E65 for its beauty with brains.
e71 I can understand but why do you say e51 "lags behind" e61? AFAIK e51 has more RAM and a faster processor.

no but it doesnt have QWERY keyboard or smartphone look.Sushubh is intended to buy a SMARTPHONE with the help of which he can stay online 24*7, so he need a smartphone.

Back