Help Me in Configuring WAG54G2 with BSNL Connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 21,150
No you may not, i just tried on my pc and my broadband is still connected.

So let the bsnl dailer be connected and do the changes you have mentioned and then access reouter page and set to PPPoe(Always on conection)?

So let the bsnl dailer be connected and do the changes you have mentioned and then access reouter page and set to PPPoe(Always on conection)?

Yes correct. change the LAN ip address, access the modem page on 192.168.1.1 and then change it to PPPoE mode then give save and reboot. do make sure you give the correct bsnl username and password in modem page. Now you will be disconnected as the modem will restart. Your modem will be now in Always On mode.

Yes correct. change the LAN ip address, access the modem page on 192.168.1.1 and then change it to PPPoE mode then give save and reboot. do make sure you give the correct bsnl username and password in modem page. Now you will be disconnected as the modem will restart. Your modem will be now in Always On mode.

Thanks. but to make sure again. can i ask you? did you face same kind of prob like you r connected to inernet on bridgemode via dail up and ur n/w computer shows limited or no connectivity? and you tried what u sggested and changed it toPPPoe always

After this how to give wireless access to laptops. give 192.168.1.3 , 4 , so on?

It means it will always be same. static IP. not dynamic ip?

Thanks. but to make sure again. can i ask you? did you face same kind of prob like you r connected to inernet on bridgemode via dail up and ur n/w computer shows limited or no connectivity? and you tried what u sggested and changed it toPPPoe always
Yes correct please do as i suggested, i am sure it will solve your problem. And you do same for Wireless connectivity also but i suggest you give WEP security 128 bit encryption.
Yes the LAN and Wifi Ip's will remain same what you are assigning

Yes correct please do as i suggested, i am sure it will solve your problem. And you do same for Wireless connectivity also but i suggest you give WEP security 128 bit encryption.
Yes the LAN and Wifi Ip's will remain same what you are assigning

@armaan,

will do this 2morrow as my father might have slept. Thanks keep cheking this post. if i face any prob.will let u know

@Armaan / @essbebe,

i almost did it. now i am accessing router page. i have one doubt. Below is the screenshot.

What should i fill in
- Multiplexiing - LLC or VC?
Qos Type - ?
PCR -
SCR -
Autodetect - enable / disable
DSL modulation ?
Keep Alive
MTU : ?
Size : ?
DHCP?

Thanks again

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/893/linksysroutersettingspa.jpg

What are the available options in Encapsulation. If only one PPPoE mode is available dont make any changes and just enter username and password. Dont forget to save and reboot. But before doing please confirm me other options in Encapsulation. In DSL Modulation select ADSL2+ and save the settings.

click the "help: on right hand corner.

Take print out. if possible.

'+vh_Setup+'
What should i fill in
- Multiplexiing - LLC or VC?
Qos Type - ?[ignore]
PCR -[ignore]
SCR -[ignore]
Autodetect - enable / disable
DSL modulation ? [multimode] (*GDMT preferred. )
Keep Alive see Help below
MTU : ? [auto]
Size : ? [ ]
DHCP?[enabled]
# Connect on Demand
You can configure the device to disconnect your Internet connection after a specified period of inactivity (Max Idle Time). If your Internet connection has been terminated due to inactivity, Connect on Demand enables the device to automatically re-establish your connection as soon as you attempt to access the Internet again. If you wish to activate Connect on Demand, click the radio button. In the Max Idle Time field, enter the number of minutes to elapse before an idle Internet connection is terminated.
# Keep Alive
This option keeps you connected to the Internet indefinitely, even when your connection sits idle. To use this option, click the radio button next to Keep Alive. The default Redial Period is 30 seconds. (In other words, the device will check the Internet connection every 30 seconds, and re-establish the connection if it does not exist.)

@armaan and @essbebe,

I got it!!!!!

Right now my dad is online. and i am on teamviewer. I have configured it!

Now my brother is booting the Laptop and i have spare lan cable. he will first put that and test whether he too gets internet or not. if he gets then i will do wireless setup.

While composing this post i am online. just now my brother told he is getting internet with Lan cable.

He also removed lan cable and switched on wireless on laptop it is working.

Few doubts on wireless :

I would like to setup wireless secured.

Righ now the wirless tab in router settings page is as folows :

Wireless Configuration : Manual

Network Mode: Mixed

SSID : Linksys

Wireless Channel: 11 - 2.462 GHZ

SSID Broadcast: Enable

What should i select to make it secure. and after the settings and click save.

will the router boot again?

Back