Help Me in Configuring WAG54G2 with BSNL Connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 21,150
Hope you've used the splitter. Sometimes this can be the cause of frequent disconnections unless there's predominant noise in the line.
Also if MTU 1492 isn't working fine for all the websites, try 1454.

I will chnage MTU. I will give you the feedback, after in one day's time

My brother just otld that he sometimes get this message

"Remote computer is not responding"

Can you please be a bit more specific in pointing out at which stage this error throws up?

@essbebe & @armaan and all,

I have one doubt:

Below i have set OPEN DNS ips in DNS

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3986/linksyssetuppage.jpg

Now this is the screenshot of the status Page and command prompt showing ipconfig/all. check DNS here and in status page. both are different. Is that ok?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1159/linksysstatuspage.jpg

two more doubt.

- does disconnect and connect reboot the modem/router
- does any chanbges made on this setup pages reboot the modem/router?

yes..thats ok..it will use opendns only..1)no disconnect and connect does not reboot the router 2)no, unless you hit the restart button ( i think)

I guess as long as you're able to go online it should be fine. Hope you've set DNS settings at client machines to automatic.

@superprash,
yes..thats ok..it will use opendns only..
1)no disconnect and connect does not reboot the router
2)no, unless you hit the restart button ( i think)

Thanks, changing any settings in router pages and saving it is enough or i need to reboot or restart the button?

@ashwinkgopal,
I guess as long as you're able to go online it should be fine. Hope you've set DNS settings at client machines to automatic.

Yeah i have DNS settings set as automatic.

Its always better that you restart your router if you've made major changes in connection settings like these. Coz I've known a case where a guy went on changing settings but wasn't able to see the difference just because he didn't reboot the router.

yes.. restart is required to save certain settings , although certain settings do not require restart.. better restart anyway :)

Guys,

Please help me understand this.

In Router settnigs page, I am on Status page where it shows the ip address, dns address and other things related to my gateway:

Login Type: RFC 2516 PPPoE
Interface: Up
IP Address: 117.195.202.66
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: 117.195.192.1
DNS 1: 218.248.255.146
DNS 2: 218.248.255.139
DNS 3:
WINS: ---

I have changed the DNS ip address to use open dns. When i do ipconfig /all on my PC. I can see open DNS ips under DNS Server, But the above router/gateway status page shows some other DNS ips.

I am still getting stuck at opening some sites. I saw in firefox in the status bar it says connecting to xyz site and after that stops the status at looking up xyz site...

I think still i have DNS lookup problem.

Can you Help on that.

Also i checked on my Linksys router. there is one refresh button. Is that Restart router button?

Not entirely sure about 'refresh' being restart. You could as well ask your folks to manually power down the router and then switch it on again. I hope this isn't he MTU thing again. Coz the symptoms seem very similar. What MTU are you using right now? It can't be a DNS lookup problem as you're able to connect to most sites.

Back