Help Required - Reconnecting 2x4 multiswitch to Tata Sky Plus receiver

• Thread starter Thread starter adhiraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,867

adhiraj

ISP
Airtel
Greetings to all. I am looking for some help in reconnecting the 2x4 multiswitch supplied with Tata Sky Plus. The input and output coax cables to this unit were disconnected by some guys shifting my TV, and they did not take care to remember the connection points. The multiswitch has the following connection points - LNB 13V In, LNB 18V In, Tap1, Tap2, Tap3, Tap4, LNB13V Out, LNB18V Out. Questions-1. Where do I connect the cable coming from Dish - LNB 13V IN or LNB 18V IN?2. Which two connectors must be used to connect to the receiver (There are 6: TAP1 - TAP4, LNB 13V Out and LNB 18V Out). Can anyone help please? I do not want to call in their Technician for just connecting the coax cables. Thanks

Greetings to all.

I am looking for some help in reconnecting the 2x4 multiswitch supplied with Tata Sky Plus. The input and output coax cables to this unit were disconnected by some guys shifting my TV, and they did not take care to remember the connection points.

The multiswitch has the following connection points - LNB 13V In, LNB 18V In, Tap1, Tap2, Tap3, Tap4, LNB13V Out, LNB18V Out.

Questions-
1. Where do I connect the cable coming from Dish - LNB 13V IN or LNB 18V IN?
2. Which two connectors must be used to connect to the receiver (There are 6: TAP1 - TAP4, LNB 13V Out and LNB 18V Out).

Can anyone help please? I do not want to call in their Technician for just connecting the coax cables.

Thanks

Update: I connected the coax cable from dish to the LNB 13V input, and connected the two coax cables (that go the STB) to the LB 13V and 18 V outputs. Issuse is I am not getting some channels. On checking the STB setting, I can see that Tuner 2 has zero signal strength. So what am I doing wrong here?

Please help ...

Friends, no replies yet - is this an uncommon configuration?

Uploading a picture of the multiswitch connected to my STB.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9SZp9v3Sa2M/TIXv-TKjGLI/AAAAAAAAAHU/oAYeJEnfA4E/s144/pic.jpg

As you would notice that there is a single input (coming from the dish), and two outputs (going to the Tata Sky Plus box inputs)
After I reconnected, I am unable to view a few channels. I also checked the signal strength for the two tuners - one of them is zero.
So I am left wondering whether its a problem with the
1. Multiswitch
2. Tata Sky Plus box
3. The Satellite dish
Note: All other "normal" Tata Sky connections in my home, connected to the same dish, are working properly and showing all the subscribed channels.

Gurus - some help please.

Back