High page load time on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 12,521
@nishantt6969 That's why you have the problem and possibly why Jio which runs v6 loads the site faster. Browsers normally default to v6 and if not available drop to v4. If you have PPPoEv6 option on your personal router try using it to get a v6 address from Airtel. There's a post where a guy could use static v4 and got a v6 address via this method. I have had zero luck getting v6 on Airtel with a static IP.

Same problem, I could not get ipv6 too. I cant find ipv6 settings to disable it in any of the browser, safari, chrome etc.

still same, but browsing on brave browser feels fast.

Just curious, how long does it take to load the homepage of this forum? You can use speedtest extension on brave to view this info easily.

MTU values are normally auto-discovered by the router so I don't think this is the issue. @nishantt6969 check if you can set Chrome to default to v4 instead of v6. Simplest solution is use a VPN that issues a v4 IP. Nearly all do. WARP+ issues both v4 and 6.

As I mentioned earlier MTU values are automatically discovered and set. Otherwise you do the ping test to ascertain the correct value for your connection. You can't just randomly set it to a value <1492 (1492 is generally the max for PPPoE connections) but it differs from system to system. Therefore It's best set to auto discovery OR assuming your router has the setting, perform the test and enter the correct calculated value in the box. Incorrect values will affect the connection.

Back