• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,780

DOOOMKULTUS

ISP
BSNL
This is IIT Roorkee page
FacilitiesInstitue Superhighway Centre , IIT Roorkee

It lists this "45 Mbps internet leased line "
Now i want to know is, if only one user is using a wifi network in IIT Roorke or a non wifi Internet connected system in the campus, will the max download speed be 45mbps if 1 torrent was be used?

And what is the maximum speed for a wifi zone in any place in India (you have come across or can say with credibility or certainty)?

p.s. Question has to do with me having a discussion with some on wifi zone speeds

you can get upto 100mbps Wifi with TATA WIFI ZONES in new mumbai,but be ready to become a slave for the rest of your life

Ok this was what i was getting at.Is this 100mbps real of cached up pages served by the Wi-fi hub to end user in the wifi zone?Surely it can't be. Wouldn't that mean if there was only 1 person in that zone, he would download a torrent at 100mbps, even Swedes and S.Koreans don't download stuff at that speed, even Seedboxes don't work that fast.So is this like the 100mbps Ethernet cable wire transfer rate kind of thing?

Ok this was what i was getting at.
Is this 100mbps real of cached up pages served by the Wi-fi hub to end user in the wifi zone?

TATA has new mumbai as a Wifi zone.so yes you can access real time net but just freely available so you can't access it anywhere

Surely it can't be. Wouldn't that mean if there was only 1 person in that zone, he would download a torrent at 100mbps,

even Swedes and S.Koreans don't download stuff at that speed, even Seedboxes don't work that fast.

nobody has it at low commercial rates and so won't TATA

any company can provide you that but not at commercial rates so they don't mantion it in their normal user plans but only for office plans.

now if you are ready to pay rs.20,000 with 2gb limit then TATA would provide you. but will you?

now you can get 2mbps unlimited at rs.2999

So is this like the 100mbps Ethernet cable wire transfer rate kind of thing?

its a wifi zone in new mumbai

now if you are ready to pay rs.20,000 with 2gb limit then TATA would provide you. but will you?
now you can get 2mbps unlimited at rs.2999

its a wifi zone in new mumbai

That 2 gb will be up in 3 minutes if actually there was a 100mbps connection.

So TATA is using a leased line at the back end to support its Wifi hub, right? or
Would it be fair to say that this 100mbps line of TATA is actually the same sort as a normal dedicated ISP (like bsnl,vsnl,mtnl) would have for its network to offer to its subscribers.
I believe Tata owns a part in the Tier -1 ISP operator as well or is that Reliance.Anyway
I am asking this because i just can't believe that anyone can have actual 100mbps (12 MegaByte per second approx) line speed and have it shown like that on those speedtest.net screenshots we see so often.
Have not heard or read about such actual speed anywhere in the world, except for those lab tests in scientific journals reporting Gbps transfer rates, or that 70mbps download speed installed in a old lady house in Sweden

you are right DOOOMKULTUs

That 2 gb will be up in 3 minutes if actually there was a 100mbps connection.

So TATA is using a leased line at the back end to support its Wifi hub, right? or
Would it be fair to say that this 100mbps line of TATA is actually the same sort as a normal dedicated ISP (like bsnl,vsnl,mtnl) would have for its network to offer to its subscribers.

ITS LIKE THE NORMAL isp not a leased line

also yes 2gb will be up in 3 mins but if you are just surfing then it would take more time.you asked me about the speed so i only mentioned that

I believe Tata owns a part in the Tier -1 ISP operator as well or is that Reliance.Anyway

yes they do.only 3 companies do

AIRTEL
TATA
RELIANCE

I am asking this because i just can't believe that anyone can have actual 100mbps (12 MegaByte per second approx) line speed and have it shown like that on those speedtest.net screenshots we see so often.

CAUSE NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T BUY THAT.

and normally people won't pay that much.so they are rare

you would see more people having it if it were cheaper.atm its not

Have not heard or read about such actual speed anywhere in the world,

JAPAN easily has these speeds

you just don't see these cause these plans with such a low speed aren't bought by many people.

if they were at low speeds then you would see it

except for those lab tests in scientific journals reporting Gbps transfer rates,

yes gbps isn't available as it would cost big time and there isn't need for it

actually the question you asked yes ... since it is a lease line in IIT R the max speed one could attain when a single user was using is 45mbits .... whereas TATA does offer the 100mbits plan but thats not really usefull since your download limit is 20GB....which is a joke and in korea and japan they have gbps tranfer rates . in korea i read isp's have already started providing 100mbits and in japan it's in gbits for sure @correction brickhouse india has 4 international bandwidth landing stations owned by :Airtel Reliance (FLAG) BSNLTATA (VSNL ) as far as the worlds fastest internet connection is concerned ( in actual use ) its 40GBits in sweden [ google stiggbrit ] ( yea thats the old lady and its 40gbits )

Back