Home 500 plus, ended up with Huge bill

• Thread starter Thread starter Yuvan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,772
Well u can cant complain since u have used those additional MB's and yes there is no practice in BSNL/MTNL wherein they will inform u that your usage is exceeding the limits..I dont think u can do anything about the bill other than paying it..anyways regarding the usage checking website i agreed thats its down most of the times.So install some bandwidth monitoring tools like "net meter" etc.

Please explain that when BSNL usage site is down how will using the bandwidthmeter help this person. His problem is amount of data downloaded not speed checking.

Bandwidthmeter shows both current upload/download speed as well as logs daily usage. It can keep records for many months, and also has setting to stop recording at specified times (eg. 0215-0745).

Hope that helps.

From my short stint with BSNL i would suggest, just switch off the modem when not using internet and better configure your internet without any password being stored in your modem like in bridge mode also possible in ppoe mode.

i have seen portal down error with many bsnl customers esp. in 1st month of BB installation...the only reply i got from higher officials was wait for the first month...the portal didnt even accept the username and password

Well u can cant complain since u have used those additional MB's and yes there is no practice in BSNL/MTNL wherein they will inform u that your usage is exceeding the limits..

I dont think u can do anything about the bill other than paying it..anyways regarding the usage checking website i agreed thats its down most of the times.So install some bandwidth monitoring tools like "net meter" etc.

FYI, both MTNL and BSNL do inform if you have exceeded your allowed download limit. I have had personal exp of both providers and both send email to their own provided email account when you have reached your alloted limit.

Back