• Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,609

tech_help

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Home 699 Plan in Noida
getting 256 kbps speed for 2 days now

Have they doubled the speed for this plan?

I am aware of the speed boosts but I guess this is not that.

Home 699 Plan in Noida
getting 256 kbps speed for 2 days now

Have they doubled the speed for this plan?

I am aware of the speed boosts but I guess this is not that.
please post the screenshots of ur speed
they have not doubled the speed
u r getting speed boosts

Haven't they reduced the price of the 256kbps unlimited to 799 in North India? That could explain the speeds.I don't think its a speed boost, generally you get speeds of 1mbps-2mbps in that case.

well, I think its speed boost or something..home 699 is only supposed to give 128kbps

after 15th of March Airtel 999 Unlimited 256 Kbps is withdrawn and updation in 699 Unlimited 128,,,NOW WE PROVIDE 699 256 kBPS UNLIMITED.so there is no confusion If customer using the old 699 128 Kbps then he need to apply for migration it will be effective with next billing cycle...

@^^then what about home 799 plan...its also supposed to give 256Kbps...then why wud one have to opt for home 799 when he is getting 256kbps in home 699:confused::confused:

^^ just called CC. theres no such free upgradation of UL699 from 128kbps to 256kbps...atleast not in north india... :)

The plans for North India is Home 699 + Rs. 100 top up for 256Kbps, that includes Rs. 75 talk time as well..

The plans for North India is Home 699 + Rs. 100 top up for 256Kbps, that includes Rs. 75 talk time as well..

Where did u get this info from? Customer care is not aware of any such Top-Up.

When I called up CC at 1999 to enquire about upgradation from 699 UL128 to 799 256UL, he said that the 799 plan is available for new connections only in Delhi. SoI asked him that should I disconnect my current connection and apply for a new one since airtel is not upgrading.
The customer care exec. said "Sir, why do u want to upgrade?"
Me - "I will get 256kbps speed by just paying 100 bucks more"
Exec - "Sir, there is not much difference in the speed and see you will have to pay 100 more bucks:hysterical:"

The dialogues of these executives are more deadlier than the Jokes by SUD(Radio Mirchi):thumbsup:

All in all, I came to know that I cant upgrade to the 256 kbps plan either through upgrade or by top-up.

Back