Horrible Battery Backup on Galaxy Note GT-N7000

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 132
  • Views Views 10,451
I keep the GPS turned off, I don't play HD games, phone goes into deep sleep I have checked already. But, when I start using it, battery goes down like anything. I thought of doing a hard reset after jelly bean update, but God knows when it will be released.

Well a 5 inch beast will certainly drain a lot of battery. I guess if you get around 3-3.5 hours of screen time on above moderate usage (between moderate and high) then that's good enough for the Note.

Well! you are forgetting the battery specification of the same. I was getting 16 hours of backup on this kind of usage without any issues before. And backup of 1-2 days on minimal usage :)

Could be the os update screwed the battery. What was your stock when you bought your phone. GB or ICS?. You can't rollback officially. But you can if you root. Root n roll back to the stock rom you had when you bought the phone. Afterall rooted region specific untouched stock GB or ICS are available available for you phone. Check xda.

Or

Get an extended battery. Don't go for cheap chinese clones. Get mugen, they are costly but worth the price. I have it for my htc desire .... Or atleast get a portable battery that you could use for multiple gadgets ...

[HLI-N7000XL] Buy Mugen Power 5400mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note with Battery Door

Well! you are forgetting the battery specification of the same.

I was getting 16 hours of backup on this kind of usage without any issues before. And backup of 1-2 days on minimal usage :)

How much screen on time were you getting earlier?
And if you are rooted, try out a custom kernel for better battery life.

Download CPU Spy and check whether your phone is deep sleeping or not.

+1. This is the best way of knowing if the phone is going into deep sleep mode or not.

Back