• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 8,686

CDS

ISP
ACT @ 300Mbps
Airtel @200Mbps
Hi,

I am using act 300 Mbps, and I pay around 1500 pm for the same. I suppose rates are same across say airtel, jio etc.

But I don't understand how come operator like excitel, Conway, nextra etc offers 300 Mbps for 600 INR.

Is there anything to do with more of peering and lower international bandwidth?

My most of office work is on VPN through Singapore server. Should I switch to excitel or should I stay with ACT.

Please help

excitel is definitely not 600 bucks for 300mbps. maybe on yearly prepaying.
and yes. excitel is mostly focused on people consuming data. from peered services like netflix and Hotstar.
plus it does not have the usual expense of hiring a lot of people or even outsourcing for wiring or complaints and similar shit. they just pay a commission to LCOs who are in charge of practically everything. they probably have a few guys in charge of individual cities to setup LCO agreements.

should you switch to excitel? it is hard to say so. best would be to check their performance at a neighbor's place to your work network. performance could be very good or very bad. if you do go for it, best to take monthly plan at first to see if everything is ok. most people who crib about excitel are the ones who prepay for 6/12 months and then find out that it does not serve their purpose or their LCO is shit.

Thanks sushubh.

Requesting someone using excitel if he/she can share speedtest results to any server at Singapore and Indonesia.

Better to test for 1 month you can test for VPN and another service.

The reason might be QOS is very low- when it going it is good but when it is not working then it is worst.

And most of the LCOs and their service personnel are not even 12th pass, so they don't know anything about networking.

For any issues they have standard solutions such as replacing the wire and charge from the customer, LAN plugs replacement.

For critical issues, for them resolving time is usually time-consuming such as ping loss is high even though speed is good, identifying the issue on their cable side, etc. And LCO hesitates to fix issues where he has to spend money, and also he tries to recover that money from the customer.

Even the Excitel side of the story is not good as well since they do have customer support through chat and phone but all try to check connection things from the customer side such as restart the router (mac address reset) and connecting with LAN check ping losses and speed test. Instead of reaching out to customers they can access the issues with the Vendor side and see where things are breaking. Simply this is a waste of money on a customer executive which is good for nothing and better to give that control to chat boot why waste money on hiring a customer executive.

Now on sales guys from EXCITEL, they always try to convince them to take new connection even if you are a customer and if you reach them for help they would suggest LCO make only 25% or something around 1500 - 1800 on year plan and Excitel don't pay anything over that.

Also, once more issue if you are on a monthly plan your issue might fix early than on the yearly plan guy because you can switch to other providers quickly and most of the vendors now not charge installation or minimal charges.They will not reimburse the money for the long-term plans even if the issue not getting resolved from their side even after months.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDS
Thanks Aakash.

Perhaps this somewhat explains, there is some issue wrt to international bandwidth.

I normally get both up/down greater than 200Mbps on 300Mbps connection.

Excitel speeds vary quite a bit depending on the router you are connected to. Some routers are near full capacity and you'll get shit speeds on those. On my old Excitel LCO, I got shit speeds internationally. New LCO is pretty good, good intl speeds.

Source

Excitel speeds vary quite a bit depending on the router you are connected to. Some routers are near full capacity and you'll get shit speeds on those.
If it were router capacity issue , wouldn't speed on Indian servers gets affected too ?

Back