How is the FTTH line quality of my BSNL Bharat Fiber Connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter naman1208
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 28,966
ISP
BSNL
So i have recently got bsnl ftth service and its been good, lot better then traditional adsl2 system, So speed is great too but i want someone to look at these parameters of fibre cable and please help me to find out about the quality of fibre cable, So here are these parameters ......and i am unable to understand them.

EPON StateRegistered and certified
OAM_LinkEstablished

Optical Module Input Power(dBm)-17.4
Optical Module Output Power(dBm)2.0
Optical Module Supply Voltage(uV)3330000
Optical Transmitter Bias Current(uA)11582
Operating Temperature of the Optical Module(°C)61

@Abel My bad I just saw that Zoom has blocked direct ping and traceroute to the servers and frontend websites due to security reasons(potential DDOS)
So that is the reason you are not getting a ping . Anyways try installing WARP on the device you use Zoom and see if the call goes smooth . If this happens it is probably bad BSNL routing and not a Hardware issue in your ONT

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since the last week I am facing random slowdowns as if there is connection but only for a few random sites. Like yesterday I am trying to open Hotstar and it wont open while Fast.com speedtest runs (not at full speed but 20-30mbps).

Has any one been facing such issues? Cause I see these randoms things everywhere now and its irritating me a lot. Yesterday ping to 1.1.1.1 didnt even work while 8.8.8.8 ping worked fine ??? Like what the hell is going on with bsnl..

My modem info- Its in bridge mode.

Laser Device Info
Tx Power2.340373 dBm
Rx Power-22.924298 dBm
Temperature38.996094 C
Voltage3.362800 V
Bias Current21.050000 mA

Upvote 0
Since the last week I am facing random slowdowns as if there is connection but only for a few random sites. Like yesterday I am trying to open Hotstar and it wont open while Fast.com speedtest runs (not at full speed but 20-30mbps).

Has any one been facing such issues? Cause I see these randoms things everywhere now and its irritating me a lot. Yesterday ping to 1.1.1.1 didnt even work while 8.8.8.8 ping worked fine ??? Like what the hell is going on with bsnl..

My modem info- Its in bridge mode.

Laser Device Info
Tx Power2.340373 dBm
Rx Power-22.924298 dBm
Temperature38.996094 C
Voltage3.362800 V
Bias Current21.050000 mA
i also face this smtimes . do u hav any fix ?
while using wireguard i get actual speed.

Upvote 0
If you are getting the same ping value then keep it to the max value unless you are experiencing packet drops on Max value.

Only lower it down if you experience problems with services like Hotstar/Netflix or basically video streaming apps . Also do not bring it very near to 1400 or below . The packets may drop if they are big
In my opinion , 1480-1492 is a sweet spot

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back