How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,129
@Nitin Were you able to get contact info of technical department of Jio Fiber? Does anybody in Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited. know what bridge mode is?

@C3PO sir.... you live in which city

I've been routing through DO all this time.
Latency and speed to aws, any airtel servers are pretty much choked on BSNL FTTH here. Even primevideo doesn't load.
To DigitalOcean, I get almost full plan speed and a little bit increased latency during peak time.

Telegram X still doesn't load media through BSNL here. So always been routing through DO.
Waiting for @varkey to finish GCP testing. Google services seem to have zero problems on BSNL ftth yet.

@arjunarora4212 no, Jio and Airtel FTTH are not available in my residential area right now. I am more keen on Airtel FTTH than Jio having experienced Airtel's service for little over a year now. Heck, even their mobile service is 50% faster than Jio on LTE.

I have Hathway and was facing issues of continuous disconnection since 9.30 am today. Tried calling their CC in the morning. Got fed up of being on hold. Connection through my office VPN was a big pain. Tried again at 3.30. Was able to get through to the CC and raised a complaint. It was rectified and now the connection and speed are stable. It appears they are facing problems due to too many users wfh. This is in Bangalore. I am on their 100 mbps FTTH connection. (recently upgraded from Cable to Fiber)

Back