How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,128
I've been routing through DO all this time.
Latency and speed to aws, any airtel servers are pretty much choked on BSNL FTTH here. Even primevideo doesn't load.
To DigitalOcean, I get almost full plan speed and a little bit increased latency during peak time.

Telegram X still doesn't load media through BSNL here. So always been routing through DO.
Waiting for @varkey to finish GCP testing. Google services seem to have zero problems on BSNL ftth yet.

I didn't do extensive tests, but the pings keep varying. I launched a VM in GCP Mumbai and the pings were 170ms+. Then I launched a VM in GCP Singapore, and was getting around 60-80 ms pings during the day. Now when I check its 250ms+. And while I writing this, I tried again and it is back to 60-80 ms 🤦‍♂️

I doubt if BSNL has good connectivity only to Google's content services and not GCP? Probably needs more testing. Cheaper to get a good VPN I suppose.

I am currently using my office VPN, we have a local VPN endpoint, so there is not much added latency.

One thing this clearly shows is that home internet is of the least priority always, so whenever there is congestion, enterprise connections continue to work more or less as before.

Back