How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,109
@achaudhary997 : probably those VPN guys are peered with excitel, good to know VPNs have started peering in India too, can you tell us its name?

On the other front I am sad that how many services do I have to stack one on other adding to the costs, just to get a good,reliable internet service :(

Last edited:
WFH with KeralaVision BB and that is really pathetic. Few colleagues use Asianet Fibre , that also has the problem. The genuine one which we have identified is JioFi , which is far far better than this "FTTH" connections.

I am curiosu why all the WFH guys need international TRANSITS, don't their companies have local servers?

@Realme , because they work for international clients , they need international transits. They don't much work in their local PC , uses Citrix or other similar tool to access the virtual desktop at the client side.

USA

Singapore

Mumbai
All on Jio Fiber wifi on 2.4Ghz & I use netguard which has a built in VPN.

Last edited:
@achaudhary997 : probably those VPN guys are peered with excitel, good to know VPNs have started peering in India too, can you tell us its name?

Nope it's not peered. I am using NordVPN they have servers in Mumbai and Chennai for India. Funny thing is even if I connect to their UK server I can max out my speed at any given time of the day (ping takes a hit though :))

@JB700 and @vignesh_venkatesan : If I am not reading the data wrong (traffic stats from Extreme-IX, AMS-IX,etc) wasn't indian usage was around 600 Gbps few months ago when their corona on brink stuff, what has happened now?

WFH with KeralaVision BB and that is really pathetic. Few colleagues use Asianet Fibre , that also has the problem. The genuine one which we have identified is JioFi , which is far far better than this "FTTH" connections.

@vu3knb Is it all the time or just during peak hours? I am back in Kerala and would need to WFH using BSNL. Hopefully BSNL is able to handle it. 🤞

Back