How long does it take for ISP to disconnect internet?

• Thread starter Thread starter avikbara
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,755
there is no license involved they get some commission per recharge from main isp, last mile connectivity and maintenance is their responsibility .

6000 for what ? is it ftth and how much you pay per month ?
They said installation charge for cable and some device/hub they put on the roof. It is cable to the nearest pole I think and then fibre to my house. I am paying Rs. 820/month much lower than what I was paying for MTNL but still If I don't get the higher speed what is the point in even paying a single paisa.

Yes I too went the site for contact info and Avast found something.

This is the actual site : gigatelnetworks.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are prepaying then it if you don't pay it is as good as disconnected. That's how the local providers operate here. They will not remove the line and they will keep sending bills, but there will be no connection. If we want to be reactivated then we have to prepay and they will connect back.

@genie These guys come to my house to collect and I do not know how to initiate the "I am not paying" conversation especially because my Hindi horrid. I wish I had airtel its expensive but unbeatable quality.

you are over thinking, ask a friend or someone who knows hindi to talk to lco. Its a prepaid connection just don't recharge its really simple they don't delete account it just becomes inactive. Tell them you want to disconnect because of billing issue
and if they can offer a discount you will not disconnect.

If there is any portal to check your plan details inquire about that.

@Smh The guy mentioned a portal I will call him today and ask him to give me the details so I can check for myself. Thank you for all your guidance.

Back