How many devices can I connect to Tikona Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter spm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 64,110
I have just gone for a Tikona connection (switching over from BSNL):I have two Belkin ADSL2+ Modem-routers(one is N600DB & the other is N300) & wanted to configure either one of them for Tikona.After going through the various posts its quite clear that an adsl modem-router will function just as a "switch" & not as a router.So the only option for connecting multiple devices wirelessly is MAC address cloning.So how should i go about it? Where should I input the mac of my tablet, phone etc...so that only one mac is utilised?My N600 setup has an option for cloning the mac of the pc but I have to disable the DHCP server setting to get the wireless connection..so how should i go about the entire process

rahul_15 said:
I have just gone for a Tikona connection (switching over from BSNL):I have two Belkin ADSL2+ Modem-routers(one is N600DB & the other is N300) & wanted to configure either one of them for Tikona.After going through the various posts its quite clear that an adsl modem-router will function just as a "switch" & not as a router.So the only option for connecting multiple devices wirelessly is MAC address cloning.So how should i go about it? Where should I input the mac of my tablet, phone etc...so that only one mac is utilised?My N600 setup has an option for cloning the mac of the pc but I have to disable the DHCP server setting to get the wireless connection..so how should i go about the entire process
I don't think there is need to disable DHCP to clone MAC. Both features are generally independent of each other. One another option could be to get Static IP, which anyway I would not recommend.
OR, get a new router (without the ADSL part).

Its not compatible with tomato or dd-wrt...I think& I have to disable dhcp to use it as a access point...also how shud I go about the mac cloning

@ChaiBiskutBhai, hi bro n senior members can i connect more than 2 devices with my TP-Link TD-W8151N, if possible or else i have to buy TP-LINK TL-WR740N(to use tikona in multiple systems),Plz reply seniors

Hi all senior members. I am also a new user of Tikona broadband in Gurgaon. Recently I configured my BINATONE DT 845W, wireless ADSL2+ Router, to be used as a switch. I have the same problem. I cannot connect more than 2 systems at a time for using wifi. Is their a way to use the same ADSL2+ router and still resolve the issue of connecting more than 2 devices ? Please suggest a route. Best regards.

You can trick tikona MAC scanning system by using single MAC if you are using multiple laptop/PC with the help of cloning under network adapter properties.For example- you have mac of your PC AB-AB-AB-AB-AB then, you should enter same mac in your all PC/laptop or you can connect MAC cloned router just after RJ-45 provided from tikona and connect rest of systems to that router. It won't ask you for authorization with each diff. system.Tikona system scans the MAC of that computer once you log in. It remembers forever till you delete it. Next time, system allows you login only from that system only. Basically, each system's MAC can be replaced with stored MAC under tikona system.It works. Try it. Tikona doesn't scan other parameters. It only scan browser, operating system and MAC only when you log in. It doesn't scan any system till you log out and require to log in again.@spmI think you would able to use multiple system with your old router if it has a feature of custom MAC address.

Hi,

Would you have the stpes for a Digiflip router?Which Mac address do i enter and where? I get options to enter mac address only while setting up manually. Do i put the Ethernet mac address or the Wireless adapter mac address? I dont see any option of cloning Mac address automatically. Please help.
When you say one should enter the PC mac AB-AB-AB-AB-AB in all PC/Laptop, how do i enter ther it and wherere? I have smartphones that i want to connect to this WiFi, how do i enter mac address in the smartphones?Sorry for the dumb questions but i have spent a lot of time configuring this router but have been unsuccessful. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You would need to post some screenshots so that we can see what firmware it is using!

what I do, simple, get a SINGLE tikona connection cable into ruckus, attach my Asus RT N10 to ruckus, get wi-fi signal over the home , connect my laptop, my phone and my tablet over it. open a browser in either devices, log to my account , then open browser on other device and connect to whatever site I want thats it ....

What is Ruckus?

Back