How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,033
use bandwidrth meters
independent of BSNl portal. Example Shaplus
ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter download and review - monitor your bandwidth usage from SnapFiles

Check accuracy for a week, when BSNL usage portal is/accessed.
ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter - Freeware to display bandwidth consumed for session, day and month
Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor
both have timers to exclude free Nu.

Sir, I have Shaplus 1.1 installed with my IP address beginning with 117.. For the few days in Jan 2009, it appears that Shaplus understates usage by ~ 15% with respect to BSNL's figures. This 15% is not an exact figure.

I thought that BSNL's figures would be lower since Shaplus also monitors LAN traffic (i.e., there is a slight usage even when I disconnect from BSNL but leave the ADSL modem on.

Please give your comparison as well! I will post another comparison after a week's time.

[*]I have changed my plan from Home 500 to Home UL 750 on 1 Jan.
[*]When I checked my usage in dataone.in, the column "Chargable Units (KB) Excluding Night Unlimited" shows figures of my usage (not zero) from 1 to 7 January.
[*]From 8 January onwards all the "Chargable Units (KB) Excluding Night Unlimited" are shown zero.
[*]Does it mean I will have to pay extra for usage from 1 to 7 Jan ?
[/list]
I wanted to upload screen shot, but don't know the method.

when you submitted your application for change of plan i.e. exact date ?

On 29 December. I checked my order status, it shows my plan is Home UL750.

As u said, if unlimited plan might not be active,then how come the chargeable usage from 8 Jan onwards are zero and until 7 Jan they r not zero. Same plan must be applicable for entire month. Isn't it?

It takes time to activate new plan .Seems your new plan has been activated since 8th.Give a call to your exchange to know the date your new plan has been activated.

Ive experimented. I didnt re-connect after 2am and BSNL usage site automativally recorded a new session at 2.12am.

Ive experimented. I didnt re-connect after 2am and BSNL usage site automativally recorded a new session at 2.12am.

Yup, now it's fixed.

New session is automatically created at 2 AM. But, to be on the safer side it's wise to manually create that session at 2 AM rather than depending on BSNL. :thumb:

i am also facing same problem 1> my plane is change from 500c+ to 750ul+2> on 9th i checked my usage in bbservece.bsnl.in the column "Chargable Units (KB) Excluding Night Unlimited" shows figures of my usage (not zero) from 1 to 9 January.3>From 10 January onwards all the "Chargable Units (KB) Excluding Night Unlimited" are shown zero.Does it mean I will have to pay extra for usage from 1 to 9 Jan ?and when connected bsnl call center say they keep saying different answer 1> they said it will charge under 750ul+2> they said have no idea 3> they said from 1st to 9th it will be charge as 500c+ and from 10th to 31th as 750ul+basically these guys don't have clear idea even before i had changed from 500c to 500c+then my plan was changed on 4th of that mouth that particular month my usage was 2.823gb and the charged that month around Rs 970-975 500c+ plane the charged me 600 additional usage around 265and tax of 12.32% around 106 if they had charged me 500c from 1st of that particular month 4th and from 5th to 31th 500c+then they would have charged me extra Rs 200+but they charge me for 500c+

dear if your plan is changed to 750 unlimited you will face a reduced dnload speed in comparision to 500 plan as the max dnload speed for 750 plan is 25 KBps while the max speed for 500 plan should go to 250KBps just check your dnloading status and you will come to know that when the plan change is activated just keep a track of all this other wise this bsnl guys would charge you more .........................good luck

Do'nt use more when--Orderid: ???????Order Type: Plan ChangePlan Name: Home UL 750Order Status: OpenOnly Use when-------Orderid: ????????Order Type: Plan ChangePlan Name: Home UL 750Order Status: Provisioned

Back