How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,035
happens during 1st week of every month.. cant do much but wait..

I think the problem starts on the last day of each month and it is difficult for a kanjoos like me to make paisa vasool of my quota (maharashtra circle, home plan 250, with 14 alphanumeric username):mad:

@aesouzaI use Datafox add on with Firefox browser 3.0 5 , and keep trackof usage. The details appear just above the TASKBAR.rarely see bsnl usage portal/s . ORSelect a meter not depending/extracting details from BSNLrecommend Tautology or Shaplus. http:/broadbandforum.co/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 post 69.

@aesouza

1. I use Datafox add on with Firefox browser 3.0 5 , and keep track
of usage. The details appear just above the TASKBAR.
rarely see bsnl usage portal/s .

OR

2. Select a meter not depending/extracting details from BSNL
recommend Tautology or Shaplus.
http:/broadbandforum.co/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 post 69.

Sir thank you for your reply. I have some more doubts!

I have Firefox but

1: for some work I have :madness: to use Internet Explorer.

2: Updating the antivirus update don't go through Firefox.

3: My ODIN trading software is also not browser-based.

Will the Datafox addon be able to monitor download/uploads which do not occur through Firefox browsing?

I have Shaplus 1.1. Here too I see some difference between what BSNL shows and Shaplus reports. This month I'll keep a log of the Shaplus daily to compare.

Can I have Shaplus & Tautology running at the same time without conflict?

I have the new 14 alphanumeric username:

format: xyz12345672008 and IP address format 117.195.1.123

After reading your reply I visited the Shaplus site and downloaded the appropriate software. Will try it now :thumbsup:. Thanks for your help.

@aesouza

I use Datafox add on with Firefox browser 3.0 5 , and keep track
of usage. The details appear just above the TASKBAR.
rarely see bsnl usage portal/s .

OR

Select a meter not depending/extracting details from BSNL
recommend Tautology or Shaplus.
http:/broadbandforum.co/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 post 69.

Sir, it looks like the new Shaplus recommended for IP 117.123.4.567 type users depends on accessing the BSNL's database. The Shaplus program I'm talking about is "BSNL Broadband Usage 1.3.exe".

I want a program that doesn't rely on the BSNL's database for the obvious reasons that it is often "down" and an independent check on BSNL is always in order!

I will now try Tautology though I wasn't successful the last time I tried some months ago (bad carpenter? :redface:).

I think the problem starts on the last day of each month and it is difficult for a kanjoos like me to make paisa vasool of my quota (maharashtra circle, home plan 250, with 14 alphanumeric username):mad:

Same issue here. I too am a कज़ूंस-मख्खीचूस. The thing to do is get a bandwidth meter (like Tautology) and keep a tab yourself. Check a couple days before end of month and then you know how much you can use to fully exploit the plan.

There's a crawl at the BSNL Portal which says:

Billing Feedfiles for the month of December 2008 are uploded in Data Exchange Portal

What's the Data Exchange Portal now???? Is that another usage account page? How many usage account/admin pages are there anyway??:huh::huh:

Please let me know...
Thanks

:cool2:Same problem for me for 3 days. but today i use override domain as 10.240.240.195 in Datafox, i get usage results. Another way i type 10.240.240.195 in firefox address bar.

Try it again. Best of luck.

Same here. why the heck checking usage at BSNL is always a problem.I am getting record not found if i check data.bsnl.in/wps/portal.html

Back