How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,995
Hello, I have Home 500 plan and usually download only during the night (2- 8).When i checked my usage details yesterday in the portal, it shows an excess of about 5 Gb chargeable (had already used abt 2 GB from 2.5 limit)..and that too it shows the downloads at a time i did not use broadband at all !!! :@I had downloaded something the night before and disconnected long before 8:00 and shut down my computer but the modem was on (modem WIFI is off). i'm using bridge mode btw and nobody else has access to my computer.Anyone got such a problem before ? if yes then wat did you do ..Thanx :)

Do you use wifi ? Please quote your IP. Check it here

It's not possible for us to say if your modem was being being misused by someone. Only you can figure that out and if your sure that it wasn't your doing then meet the accounts officer right away.If your connected via PPPoE mode then a misuse might be possible.

@grizz46
shut down my computer but the modem was on (modem WIFI is off)
WHY ?
Mention modem model and make. .

it shows the downloads at a time i did not use broadband at all !!!
post screen shot of the unbilled usage page
for the date in question and one or two earlier dates.
and the summary at top showing Chargeable units.

Is it possible to check my usage without portal id?Also can I recover my portal id without going to authorities if I remember my id and password?

no it is not possible to check your usage without portal id and recover your portal id without going to authorities.

Pardon me for using such explicitives in my first very post ...

But apart from the fact that I am frustruated ( like so many people out here ) at the lack of any "official" response from the people at BSNL about the unlimited download ending thingy, I have no idea how I can check my total usage.

An enquiry at the helpdesk ( yeah ... feels like being castrated ... doesn't it ? ), told me to go to : http://10.240.43.216/ and check ...

Now, this is all okay ... but do they expect me to add the data flow for my every login usage ?
There is no cummulative display of the bandwidth usage ... ( or am I missing something ? )

I have installed DU Meter - just to play safe ... but please let me know ... someone ... if I am missing something and there actually exists a way to check the cummulative bandwidth usage ...

- Saurabh

Which browser you use ?
I f you use FireFox with addon Datafox,you can
see just above the Task bar, your usage, surplus download etc.
or
try this application ( still beta version )
http://sunish.net/system/files/DataOneQUF1.0.0.1.zip

old version
Will calculate how much you have to pay for your BB
usage.

( both dependent on BSNL usage portals )

One more shaplus 1.3
will show details and summary daily/weekly/monthly etc.

ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter - Freeware to display bandwidth consumed for session, day and month

Back