How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,955
As of last night there was no response.
Let's see today.
I think the time for being patient is over.
The only thing is that there seem to be just 3 or 4 of us having problems. The others don't or are happy that they are on some other IP, whatever.
And organising a group in such circumstances can be quite a pain.
I purposely didn't write to cmd as I feel we must move up the chain!
Perhaps, the next reminder should be a brief outline of the problem with open cc to the "letters to the editor" of a couple of newspapers.

today 15 jul 2010 . bsnl sites were down since 12june !!Old usage site inaccessible. Was told to use BSNL Customer Care Portal, "selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in" etc.THE MOSTEST HORRIBLEST WORSTEST website anyone has ever designed.

ablewasi ere i saw elba = palindrome.@Ablewasi, which telecom circle are you from?@nsm, why don't you shoot off an e-mail to whoever? I got no reply and mostly likely won't. I was verbally assured by a face at the local BSNL CC that online payments will start in 15 days (on 9th July).

today july 16,2010 , the whole thing has crashed since 12 june. The servers crashed . They CAN'T install a new software !! First the BB failed on 12th june , then they changed the ID and Password ! ! ! Then reconfigured modem !! BB started around 16th june. BUT NO USAGE SITE , NO BILL NET PAYMENT sites . Was directed to "selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in" . It is THE MOSTESTEST HORRIBLESTEST WORSTESTEST SITE IN THE UNIVERSE. And to register , one has to give the size and make of one's grandmothers undergarments ! HORRRRIBLE. IT is soooo secret that ...... God save [annihilate] the BSNL !

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

yes, "aesouza" , a palindrome used by me. The circle is maharashtra / aurangabad

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

ablewasi ere i saw elba = palindrome.

@Ablewasi, which telecom circle are you from?

@nsm, why don't you shoot off an e-mail to whoever? I got no reply and mostly likely won't. I was verbally assured by a face at the local BSNL CC that online payments will start in 15 days (on 9th July).

yes ,it is the same palindrome.
Should i worry about BSNL taking a revenge, since i suppose they can trace who was connected to this site at that time.

ablewasi ere i saw elba = palindrome.

@Ablewasi, which telecom circle are you from?

@nsm, why don't you shoot off an e-mail to whoever? I got no reply and mostly likely won't. I was verbally assured by a face at the local BSNL CC that online payments will start in 15 days (on 9th July).

@aesouza
I will do that as soon as i compose a very frustrated mail for the same.

You could think of firing one off at SAP as well.

After all, their name figures prominently. This is what I found here:
SAP India - SAP NetWeaver: Portal

SAP NetWeaver Portal unifies key information and applications to give users a single view that spans IT silos and organizational boundaries. It allows you to take full advantage of all your information resources -- and maximize the return on your IT investments.

With the SAP NetWeaver Portal training curriculum, you'll discover how to leverage market-leading portal technology based on open standards; learn how to access unstructured information, such as search and classification; take advantage of tools and services for effective collaboration between teams; and learn about development tools that enable you to create applications that run in the portal runtime environment.

Ha! Ha! That's why they say that IE 6 is required and provide the BB usage (whenever they feel like) in a format that requires some acrobatics. What a disgrace for SAP to have such a site to its credit.

(BTW, no answer. I'm busy with IT return stuff for now.)

It's a mad mad world.
The .xls file of usage details that THEY gave was all text ; some xml stuff.
To make it to real .xls ,
Steps : Rename the file to .txt [how? take someones help]
In NOTEPAD edit whatever u can by replacing those strings by comma BUT locate the "end of line" strings and put some special characters there.
The file will come to about 10% or less size.
Use DOS "edit" (*)to replace those by end-of-line characters. Then open it in excel or whatever. The total up your usage. [since they always gave and give only the current counter reading !! ]
*See my post at insert a carriage return into a txt file

Took me hours to get at a solution. Next time it will be minutes. Hope they stop giving that junk as .xls.

I have not been able to check my usage in months! They do not know or cannot 'issue' me a new username and password. Utter incompetence. When I complained at local level they said 'sirji बिल तो मिल रहा है ना, फिर क्या problem है". Going to shoot of some emails to big guns at BSNL, but frankly I know it is all a bit useless with this organization. BSNL needs to be broken up and sold to private operators, also free up the last mile.

Back