How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,986
Hi,Everybody is already aware that Dataone usage details can be viewed from the Dataone Portal page that gives login date&time with data UL/DL etc. My question is 1) where does bsnl records such data, is it in the relevant exchange or centrally somewhere else. 2) Where is the password authentication done, at the exchange or elsewhere. This is because, I, like many others, have logged on with the id/pwd of my friend's connection who stays in another exchange. So it logically follows that the password server is situate centrally and not in the relevant exchange.3) Is it possible to know (from the point of view of BSNL) from which tel no. the logging in is done. That is, if I log in with my friend's id from my home, can BSNL find out (later, of course) that it was indeed logged on from my computer or from my telephone line?4) Can BSNL prove by any means that the data usage shown by them is sacrosanct?? 5) If I sense that usage data shown by BSNL is not by me, is there something fruitful that can be done??

hi anuska dataone a/c usages acsess only by IE not in opera.1. open IE -tool-internet option-privacy-advance-tick on automatic cookie overriding-accept cookie-ok-ok.2. now install j2eesdk 1.4.03 from sun.java.com.restart the system . now try to acsess dataone a/c usages.

^dude, that's more than a year old post...and it's been 7 months since s/he has even visited this forum :p

dont blame me, blame the guy above my post! :P

1. In Bangaluru
2. same as above.
3. Is this any Top secret to find out who checked whose account ?
Once you log in and give the password you can check your usage from anywhere.
4. You have accepted the terms and conditions .
They need not prove it.
5. How do you sense ?
try
Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor

Total Send Total Received Total Usage Total Time
.001 GB
1.37 MB
1403 KB
.01 GB
10.43 MB
10684 KB
.012 GB
11.8 MB ( at about 1100 am today july 1st )
12087 KB
2 hr 47 m
Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor
MINE at 1.pm 20.62MB

RELAX

First of all thanks for reply.Answer (1) & (2) : OK. So the local exchange (generally) won't have access to the password details or the usage statistics of any user. They are just spoon fed the usage statistics by bangaluru. Am I right??(3) This is not what I asked. What I mean is suppose if someone finds out my ID/Pass and logs in from somewhere else (may be from his home from another town) and downloads something. Then later (may be after a month) is it possible to prove that the particular download was made by login from another telephone line and not from my number (if no port binding is done beforehand) ??(4) No, the only thing I signed before taking broadband is a Application FORM which nowhere says anything about usage statistics. All it says that I will abide by the relevant Telegraph Act, 1885 and the Information technology bill, 2000, which DOES NOT address the issue I raised. (5) From the usage data of the portal page..... if I see any abnormal traffic there that I don't remember doing, what happens then??? If you care to search this forum you will find more that one post where some fellow member alleged that BSNL is showing abnormal usage sometimes. Even many has already got bills like Rs.80000/-.

Have you tried 5 ?3Have you actually logged in to DATAone broadband with your ID and password in your friend's house ( TF say 22222222).3a. Have you used your friend's ID and password in your Computer ( Tf say 33333333) to log DATAONE broad band ?I am interested , because my neighbour has unlimited connection !

Have you tried 5 ?
!
I don't understand ur question, pls. explain what ur trying to say.

3Have you actually logged in to DATAone broadband with your ID and password in your friend's house ( TF say 22222222).
3a. Have you used your friend's ID and password in your Computer ( Tf say 33333333) to log DATAONE broad band ?
I am interested , because my neighbour has unlimited connection !

Yes, and yes. I have logged in with my friend's ID who lives 20KM away. And my friend has logged in with my ID from his home. However, none of the connections are port binded.

But I didn't get the answers that I was looking for. :(

Your question 5. quoteIf I sense that usage data shown by BSNL is not by me, is there something fruitful that can be done?? unquoteI wanted you to try this meter and compare data usage with BSNL metering. . Also nothing can be doneas your friend can download to his heart's content with your ID and password in his house !Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor.Your question 3 :Regarding log in in from different Telephone/BB lines 3a and 3b where did you enter the ID and password ?How is the usage reflected in your Telephone bill ? and in your friend's ?You have not given details how you did it so that I can test it myself . I can access another DATAone connection in same building. Need not go 20 Kms.

hey this is interesting.... i think i have heard of ppl who have used some other ppl's id... i am not sure whether this was done with or without permission..but yeahh usage was done.. what does this amount to?

hey this is interesting.... i think i have heard of ppl who have used some other ppl's id... i am not sure whether this was done with or without permission..
but yeahh usage was done.. what does this amount to?

Crime.

Back