How to configure D-Link DSL-2750U on Reliance Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter hash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 49,604
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP is not the cause. The cause is obvious, the router is not able to retain DNS server details.
I have never used a D-Link router, is there a setting somewhere in the interface that requires you to permanently save the modified settings? Could you post a screenshot of the page after changing and saving the DNS addresses? Also why are you not using 8.8.4.4 as secondary dns?

Using the same Router for more than a year, never faced such problem. Manual and Auto DNS config both works fine as needed.

rj27, What is your firmware version?
I am attaching my screenshots.
Before (ie when i set manual DNS)

After (The modem is restarted)

godric_gt said:
ISP is not the cause. The cause is obvious, the router is not able to retain DNS server details.
I have never used a D-Link router, is there a setting somewhere in the interface that requires you to permanently save the modified settings? Could you post a screenshot of the page after changing and saving the DNS addresses? Also why are you not using 8.8.4.4 as secondary dns?
I thought I will use the reliance DNS as the secondary. Anyway its not the numbers that matter!

Hehe, right! The numbers should not matter :) Seems like your problem lies with the router itself, have you tried checking at the manufacturers website for the latest firmware version no and match it with the one you have?

rj27 said:
Mine is on Stock firmware which is IN_1.10 from the start. It came with the same one.
Oh Yours is Hardware C
Mine is U1
godric_gt said:
Hehe, right! The numbers should not matter :) Seems like your problem lies with the router itself, have you tried checking at the manufacturers website for the latest firmware version no and match it with the one you have?
Yea i contacted the fellows and managed to get manager on line!. He forwarded me 1.07, which i downgraded from 1.08 and got 1.10 test version too. Nothing seems having an effect!

Yea i did everything i could and then only i contacted those fellows at customer support. But im afraid if support fellows are not as professional to solve!!!
It must be a firmware issue, and i dont think i can make them update the version.
They were telling that this problem is not happening at their end. and thats how they came to conclusion that its happening because of ISP issue

Yes I have faced this attitude with Linksys Customer Support as well, they will refuse to accept it as a router fault even if the proof is is staring them at the face. Quite annoying really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back