How to Connect TP-XZ000-G7 to Airtel Xstream Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter mystic_235
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 234
  • Views Views 30,596
Here you go.

I also had an Airtel technician get my service line checked. All was normal.
Seems I have to get G7 returned,

Airtel does not use Juniper OLT. Airtel uses Juniper BNG(Gateway).
Airtel uses ZTE, Nokia, Huawei(rarely, only old cities where fiber was deployed before Huawei got banned in India.)

XZ000-G7 worked just fine for me on Airtel by pasting SN and changing from HEX to ASCII+HEX (just 2 options). The main benefit was that it allowed me to get IPv6 working properly. I tried both transparent and VLAN tag modes and both of them worked. Finally settled with transparent mode to avoid extra processing and leaving SIP as an option for later.

Overall, it went pretty smooth for my first time replacing ISP provided CPE completely.

The provided Genexis T-2122A ONT (absolute garbage) came preconfigured without IPv6 and even on bridge mode w/ PPPoE on my router, I was unable to get DHCPv6 working at all - I assume there was some sort of VLAN tagging, PPPoE relay, or plain firewall blocking DHCPv6 somehow. It had to be the Genexis as I tried both OpenWRT and stock router firmware. That firmware worked just fine for IPv6 on ZTE ONT. It's really unfortunate that Nokia/ZTE ONTs are getting swapped out for misconfigured Genexis junk now.

Without IPv6, I knew I was risking getting stuck behind CG-NAT hell and surprisingly I did get a CG-NAT IP for the first time today.

Last edited:
Alright bros I tried again and got the internal vlan id via uart. The command was gc_omcicli mib get 171 (or get mib, I forgot) and it gave out a series of string which had to be parsed (Thanks to previous member mostwanted003) and it came out to be 1240. Failed to login due to wrong credentials. Will try out again soon.

Back