How to get connected to Internet through Dongles?

• Thread starter Thread starter appleofedin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 16,698
Could you guys please elaborate how to use a reliance cdma Sim in unlocked dongle. Do I need a different kind of Sim card or normal Sim will work. Someone told me I need a Sim with Diamond logo printed on it

These days only omh (diamond logo) sim is available . The logo is not present on the sim card, but on the paper cover and the plastic outer covering of the sim.

4807525497.png

TATA just keeps getting better here!

Reactions: SVK
^^^ Even I am experiencing good speed of around 1 Mbps on Tata Photon Plus. Yours is Rev B I guess?

@x720 Regarding Reliance EVDO, can I use a feature cdma phone to go through the whole process including activation, *228 and 55333 for later use in a dongle? Or will the Reliance Mobile World store be willing to do the deal?

Plus one of my friend had bought an OMH sim 2 weeks back in lucknow. Though activated and data working, speeds are slow may be because the dongle latches onto cdma 1x network. When sending BSD to 55333, he gets message "Dear subscriber ur request could not be processed" What to do?

Last edited:
@Nisha70

Yes. You can use any feature phone too. Your choice

Check EVDO coverage at network.rcom.co.in by selecting Broadband+ from the drop down.

HSD is the keyword, not BSD.

@SVK

Yes. Rev.B. How is TATA CDMA in Maharashtra these days? Is the coverage the same as it used to be?

@x720 Thanks for the info. So I should be able to send HSD to 55333 through a basic feature mobile.

I need a little more info. In dongle, dialup number - #777 and username/password - MDN. Right? No APN?

No don't sent message from feature phone, evdo won't get activated. At least, it used to be like that.

Send SMS from dongle only.

Number is correct.

Username - Your MDN
Password - Your MDN

Or

Username- net
Password- net

Either will do.

@Nisha70

Yes. Rev.B. How is TATA CDMA in Maharashtra these days? Is the coverage the same as it used to be?
As I said, its better last few weeks compared to few months ago when device was struggling to catch network. But I use it only at home at static location.

Back