How to get connected to Internet through Dongles?

• Thread starter Thread starter appleofedin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 16,698
26-12-2014 to 25-1-2015
26-11-2014 to 25-12-2014
26-10-2014 to 25-11-2014
26-9-2014 to 25-10-2014

this is my billing schedule. hope you are right. i am still not sure about what i would replace airtel with and i do not want to leave the connection in FUPed state for guests/dad. could result in a unintentional plan change or fup upgrades!

nah.they have captcha on the page so i dont think plan can change unintentionally.Never happened to me but then i never click anywhere on that page.I mean who knows what Airtel can do. :D

that's the thing. my dad might get confused and call me. i do not want others with access to the wifi update the plan without informing me!

though the password is pretty secure... i noticed an intel mac address connecting to the wireless network. it is most probably dad's chromebook because it is the only device i cannot recognize and is missing from the list :P

you still get smartbyte redirects?i don't since June, last year :)

so if you are not getting redirects, how can anyone change the plan accidentally ?

i have no idea :p i try to keep the entire home network on reliance for as long as possible. only switch to airtel when reliance goes down. but the problem with reliance is that it logs out randomly (mostly on inactivity). so it stays connected when i am at home (awake). it becomes a problem for dad if i am out or sleeping (and my computer is off). so i switched the wireless in the house to airtel so that the connection stays active 24x7. since the usage is generally low, i have not really crossed 5GB for the last couple of months. if i crossed 10GB this month, it's pretty surprising to be honest! so basically have no clue if i am getting redirections. hopefully not.

as for change of plan accidentally. the problem with airtel smartbytes page is that there is no NOT INTERESTED button on the first page. you have to deal with their fucking stupid wizard. I believe the option to continue with current speed only appears on the second page?

this should be illegal.

as for the screenshot. i manually loaded the smartbytes page to see usage. airtel has been pretty annoying to use at my home. it is stable and does not go down at all. but the quality of connectivity is generally poor. so was trying to see if the net was on by loading their smartbytes page. nothing else was loading at that time.

yeah,don't see "continue with current plan" link in the new UI. There was one on the old page but that too required captcha input,though i never played with any of that.I dont think plan would change accidentally.never heard anyone complain about that anywhere on the internet.

thats the thing with airtel.Connection is pretty damn stable.I suffered in the hands of BSNL for many years.spent half of my internet time looking at that blinking DSL light.nighmares :(

@chromaniac

Buy a reliance CDMA sim for your nearby reliance store. Test using a data pack of smaller denomination and then recharge with 949 unlimited pack if the speeds are decent.

Ditto for tata. No unlimited plan there though.

For either case, if you don't have a working CDMA phone at home, you'll need to get *228 done from the store itself. Inform the store of the same

4173572240.png

TATA RevB :D

Damn. Tata seems to be dead in Gurgaon. Weak signals after crossing Delhi. Non-existent to no signal at home, Sector 49 :'(

Back