How to get connected to Internet through Dongles?

• Thread starter Thread starter appleofedin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 16,698
People say they are switching off existing towers. Don't know then why they brought additional spectrum for Delhi.

Signal came back but switches between 1X and EVDO. Speed is too poor though. RCDMA feels much better now in terms of speeds too.

Hi, I have bought a unlocked CDMA Dongle and a Reliance CDMA pre paid SIM Card. I have inserted the SIM in to Dongle and used USSD and dialled *228 to activate, call went through.
It said your sim will be activated or something. However I was not able to sent SMS or Check balance. I tried calling*228 again but it said not able to activate my SIM

Customer care says visit RStore. One of my friend told you need to activate through phone only. I tried with one of my friend's CDMA phone which he has already CDMA Rel SIM Card but i*228 said the same message. Customer care said your SIM is not activated contact the Rstore where you have bought the SIM. They are saying call *228 you should be able to activate.

I am kind of struck. Does anyone have an idea how to activate this SIM which is not active?

Can I activate without a new CDMA Phone? WHat are the options i have?

What exactly does *228 say?
Code:
1. Select language - wait - Your phone has been activated. 
2. Select language - wait - your phone could not be activated
3. Please enter PIN number.

What do you hear? 1, 2 or 3?

If 1 or 2, then you can't do anything. Buy a new connection, when it gets activated go to the RStore and tell them your phone can't do *228, they will use one of their phones to activate your sim.

If 3, ask for a replacement sim and request them to do *228 giving same reason as above.

Or use your friends phone. Don't try activating on dongle.

Last edited:
What do you hear? 1, 2 or 3?

If 1 or 2, then you can't do anything. Buy a new connection, when it gets activated go to the RStore and tell them your phone can't do *228, they will use one of their phones to activate your sim.
Thanks for the quick response.
I heard #1 first time when I tried activating through dongle. After that I am hearing #2.

so I need to get a new SIM and ask them to do activation by themselves?

If you heard #1 and waited for call to auto-disconnect, your sim should have been activated. First try *228 in their phone. If you still get the same message, then this connection is useless.

Buy a new prepaid connection and later bring the sim to them for *228.

Also, #2 is also heard when your details haven't been entered into the system by concerned store. How long has it been since you bought the sim?

If you heard #1 and waited for call to auto-disconnect, your sim should have been activated. First try *228 in their phone. If you still get the same message, then this connection is useless.

Buy a new prepaid connection and later bring the sim to them for *228.

Also, #2 is also heard when your details haven't been entered into the system by concerned store. How long has it been since you bought the sim?

I will take it to the retailer today and check.
I have got confirmation from the store folks on Saturday that they have completed all their formalities. Purchased the SIM on Thursday

Gone to the retailer and he could dial 59059 and activated it for me. It is done and I am able to use net:)
Thanks for your support

Thanks. I sent and got the message saying it is under process. We will send confirmation. No confirmation msg received at all

Back