How to rewrite IMEI no. on huawei UMG1831 3g modem

• Thread starter Thread starter rakesh6
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,967

rakesh6

ISP
Wireless Mobile Broadband
Hi,I have a Huawei umg1831 modem. I had updated my modem with wrong firmware,as a result the IMEI no. from my modem is removed. Now no network providers are registering my modem with their network.So if any one knows how to rewrite IMEI no. on huawei UMG1831 modem using AT commands or by any other way, then plz replyThanks

I've heard that some mobile dealers illegally implant IMEI number on Chinese handsets that lack it. See if that can be done for datacards too. Check with a Chinese mobile seller in a grey market near you.

You will get better help for this on Huawei forum or support site.Also a lesson for others that do not try to force firmware of other models on ur modem.

I am sure what you are saying or want to do is prett y much illegal ... but google is your friend .. :cool:

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

you are in luck it seems... use this and see Latest Innovative Updates » Blog Archive » Mobile IMEI Changer

I dont think this will work coz this is for dual sim mtk chipset based mobiles. You may give it a try though.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

I am sure what you are saying or want to do is prett y much illegal ... but google is your friend .. :cool:

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

you are in luck it seems... use this and see Latest Innovative Updates » Blog Archive » Mobile IMEI Changer

Thanks for reply, but the download links for the software in that blog are not working.
The first link needs some survey to complete and the survey is saying you are not eligible.
The second link says file not found.

I also tried to find out the software in google but maximum links download fake viruses.

So if you know any other genuine link then plz reply.

Back